Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lcd Screen Problem (white No Color Area)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 btclark08

btclark08

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 27 April 2006 - 10:29 PM

Hey Guys,
This is my first port, I do not know if this is the right spot for this post though.
I have a Dell 6000, with a 15.4 wide screen computer.

One day as I was sitting my computer in a Kensington Docking station and I noticed in the bottom right corner about 2 x 3 inch area was dark, dark red. When I sat down and looked at it at a normal viewing angle I noticed that it looked bright white in that area. It is so bright it burns out the colors and makes everything very light...to the point where I have trouble looking at what is on the screen there.

If anybody even knows what it is i would appreciate a response,

Thanks everyone

Brian

Mod Edit: Moved to the appropriate forum. ~tg

Edited by tg1911, 28 April 2006 - 09:48 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:15 PM

Sounds as if it's taken some damage. If it's not going away, it's probably not repairable, except for getting a new screen. LCD's work by electricity twisting the molecules and letting light through from the backlight. If one whole section is letting light through, that would seem to me that the corner of the screen is shorted out.

I'd wait for more comments in case someone has more experienc with this.

#3 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2006 - 06:07 AM

Hello, If this was a problem with a driver it would affect the whole screen. I have to agree with Herc I think that a purchase of a new monitor is in line. Before you do go out and buy a new monitor I would suggest calling the tech support for this monitor and discuss this problem with them, this technology is so new that there is no real good accurate knowledge for it out here.

#4 btclark08

btclark08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2006 - 11:31 PM

Thanks everyone,

I was afraid that was the problem. I just do not understand why it would move around the screen. Some times it is on the left sometimes on the right. After my computer sits for a long time off, it will be fine everywhere then soon after (1 hour or so) it comes back in some place.

Brian

#5 Herk

Herk

• Members
  • 1,609 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2006 - 10:32 PM

I just do not understand why it would move around the screen.

I don't either. I would tend to think that you've got a grounding problem somewhere in the screen - you know, (assuming it's a laptop since you're putting it in a docking station) that the wires going to the screen usually are bundled together and go up into the back of the screen and are flexed every time you open and close the lid. Does it make any difference to move the screen up and down?

#6 btclark08

btclark08
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2006 - 11:16 PM

it does not make any difference really at what angle the screen is. I tried using it for a while without the docking station and it made no difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users