Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Should I format my Computer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rahul Gabda

Rahul Gabda

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 AM

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

Hi,

Yesterday, i got a blue screen stating that, windows is shutting to prevent system from a crash, and advised me to restart the system. Today, i got the same problem, but after the re-start, I am facing the start-up and shut down page freezing, the transparency of windows is gone( I use windows 7 ultimate 64 bit version). Should I get my system formatted, or is their any chance to salvage the problem. I tried Tweaking.com's Windows Repair(All- In- One), but nothing has changed regarding freezing shut-down and start- up, and transparency.

System;-

Processor:- Intel I3 CPU  

RAM:- 4GB

System:- Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Antivirus:- Kaspersky Internet Security 2013

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,215 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

Were you able to note the error codes the last time it blue screened? You say the shut down page freezes -- do you need to do a hard shutdown in order to get the PC to power down?

What changes, if any, did you make to the PC before the problem started? What were you doing on the computer when it first blue screened?

Is it still blue screening? If so, set the computer to not shut down automatically, and make a note of the error codes. Go to the control panel, click System, then Advanced System Settings. Open System Properties, Startup and Recovery options, then click Settings. Clear the Automatic Restart check box in the system failure section. This will keep the blue screen up until you press a key.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users