Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer shuts down by itself

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 amine017

amine017

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:15 AM

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

my computer shuts down normally by itself without warning when i'm playing a game or a working with a software!! it shuts down normally!! i mean exactly like when i press the shutdown button but in this case i didn't ! the game that i'm playing just exists by itself a,d everything else exists too and the computer shuts down 
mu specs : 
intel core i5 
nvidia geforce gt 610 2gb 
windows 7 64bit 
6 gb ram 
solution please!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cmbg

cmbg

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:15 AM

I might have the same problem. My computer randomly shuts down and reboots. I have logged CPU and GPU temperatures, which are fine. 30-38 C at the most. I have tried to run with the case open to cool it further. I have run a memmory test, which was good. I have tried by removing two out of four memories (just in case). The two removed were new...

I suspect the graphic card causes it to shut down, since it is new (my previous card broke). Event viewer says: Event ID 6008 The previous system shutdown at 08:17:04 on ‎2013-‎10-‎10 was unexpected.

Specs:

MB: Gigabyte GA-P55A-UDR3

Graphic card: NVIDA GeForce GT610 silent

PSU: Corsair VX550W

CPU: Intel core i5 (first edition I suspect)

Suggestions? graphic card, Bios or failing PSU?

#3 KUPOkinz

KUPOkinz

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

Seems to me that this is an overheating problems. Most laptops/computers come with a chip that detects temperature and shuts down to prevent system or hardware damage. Please to the first poster, run a system diagnostics and post back everything it says.  

#4 BInarybaited

BInarybaited

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 AM

Posted 09 March 2014 - 07:44 AM

If you leave your computer running continuously or over average use. windows update will shut it down for updates sometimes without notice usually drivers for your new video card.ive been known for running the computer without a break...yikes its hard on graphics cards..

#5 Coco2014

Coco2014

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:15 PM

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:03 PM

I don't think  the drivers are the problem, maybe motherboard or the Power supply.

I like to play soccer games online and i'm using gta 5 cheats for Grand Theft Auto

#6 cmbg

cmbg

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 April 2014 - 06:38 AM

It was my motherboard causing the shut down. I think it was related to using the USB ports or other auxiliary MB features 

because it was never a problem running the computer for extensive memory tests etc (not booting windows). Now the MB is replaced and everything is fine...

#7 Datcoolguy

Datcoolguy

• Members
  • 303 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 24 May 2014 - 11:55 PM

Next time try posting in the Internal Hardware section of the forum, that way you'll get help by people who know about this stuff, instead of your regular gamer who bought his computer from Wall Mart

"If you don't understand how your computer works, you shouldn't be messing with it!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users