Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus shuts my computer down even in safe mode

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tynmar12

tynmar12

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

Hi my computer has been attacked by a virus. When I restarted and tried to run an anti virus program it kind flashed and froze. There were a few moments where I could do things but generally it was just freezing so I logged and tried again.

After I logged in again I set up msconfig to safe mode and it restarted in safe mode. The thing is 10 or so seconds after login into safe mode my laptop would log off and shut down. I can not boot into normal mode anymore and just just goes into safe mode. Quite worried. I've tried booting from a recovery disc but it's not working ( or I'm not doing it properly) I used CD and usb with Kaspersky. My computer is a Dell Cpd studio 1647. Please help. I would so appreciate it. Thank you

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 7 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rokowski

Rokowski

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:04 PM

Posted 06 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

Hello!
First of all i think you posted this in wrong subforum but lets not mind that..
Have you tried downloading HitmanPro ( http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/hitmanpro/ )?
If not i think that could fix your problem, just read all instructions on using it.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:02 PM

Hello -

Is there a "FBI type lock screen" shown or any other screen shown at startup ?

Thank You -

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:04 PM

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

Hello -

Please post back if you still require help, and I will have an Expert review this.

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users