Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth gives me an error 87.how to fix this?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jeffhubert

jeffhubert

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 AM

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:35 AM

i just run (dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth) in cmd but this comes to me

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]

Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved

C:\Windows\system32>dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool

Version: 6.1.76001.16385

Image Version : 6.1.7601.17514

Error : 87

The restorehealth option is not recognized in this context.

For more information, refer to the help.

The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i already tried all caps lock but no luck...i tried this more than 10 times and it gives error 87..

how to fix this?

thank you.

appreciate it..

here is the log file

Attached File  dism.log   311.21KB   41 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 AM

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:23 AM

Why are you running the dism?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 jeffhubert

jeffhubert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

Bkus my sfc /scannow always reports there's a corrupted files..and there's a log called cbs.log..I want to remove it it frustrating and annoying...do u know the solution to the error 87?

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

Yes, let's do a repair installation.

Instructions for a Windows 7 Repair installation.

A Windows 7 Repair Installation will require a installation disc.

If you do not have a Windows 7 installation disc you can download a free legal ISO image of Windows 7 SP1 at  Windows 7 Forums.  This image is hosted by the Digital River store which is an official distribution partner of Microsoft.  This is a genuine untouched image which is safe to download. 

Attention:  If you do have a Windows installation disc skip Part A and go to Part B, Step 1b.

Part A, Steps 1a - 6a

The ISO image will need to be burned to a DVD in order to create a bootable installation disc.

1a)  To burn a ISO file to a DVD please download ImgBurn and install it.

2a)  Insert a blank DVD into your CD/DVD drive tray, and then close the tray.

3a)  Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc.

ImgBurn1_zps715cb1c2.png

4a)  Click on the Browse for a file icon:

ImgBurn2_zpsaea72ba9.png

5a)  Locate the ISO file you want to burn, and click on the Open button.

6a)  Click on the blue arrow to start burning the bootable DVD.

imageburn11_zpse44f577b.png

Please note:  In order to boot from this DVD you may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order, and the hdd is the second device.

Part B, Steps 1b - 10b

1b)  Place the installation disc in the tray of the CD/DVD drive, close the tray and restart the computer.

2b)  You will be prompted to press any key to start the installation, I find the space bar handy.

At this point the setup process will load files, this will take several minutes.

3b)  You will now need to choose the  Language, Time, currency format, and Keyboard or input method that you'd like to use.

After this is done click on Next.

w71_zps6dbda47e.png

4b)  Click on the Repair your computer link at the bottom-left of the Install Windows window.

This link will begin the Windows 7 System Recovery Options.

w72_zps2a656a0c.png

5b)  System Recovery Options will now search your hard drive(s) for any Windows 7 installations.  This will take several minutes.

No participation is required on your part at this time, wait till it has finished and the next window opens.

w73_zpsd5483f05.png

6b)  Choose the Windows 7 installation that you'd like to perform the Startup Repair on, then click on Next

w74_zps490f9a17.png

7b)  Click on the Startup Repair link from list of recovery tools in System Recovery Options.

w75_zps9941e858.png

For a future reference, there are several other diagnostic and recovery tools available in the Windows 7 System Recovery Options including System Restore, System Image Recovery, Windows Memory Diagnostic, and Command Prompt.

8b)  The Startup Repair tool will now search for problems in the system files.

If Startup Repair finds a problem with any system files the tool may suggest a solution which you will need to confirm, or may solve the problem automatically.

w76_zps3dd75d83.png

9b)  Startup Repair will now attempt to repair whatever problems it found with system files.  

Note:  If Startup Repair did not find any problems with system files you won't see this step.

w77_zpsd8be95eb.png

Important: Your computer may or may not restart several times during this repair process.  This is normal, you should allow it to continue until you see the Restart your computer to complete the repairs window. 

10b)  Click on Finish, this will restart your computer.

w78_zpsd49257fb.png

It is possible that the Startup Repair will not be able to fix the problem.  If the Startup Repair tool determines this, it may automaticially run the the repair after your computer restarts.  If it does not automatically run the repair but you are still having problems with Windows 7 repeat these steps to run Startup Repair again manually.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 jeffhubert

jeffhubert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:40 PM

i have done that without cd or dvd i have an option when booting up and perssing f8 then there are so many options i click the repair computer then windows files is loading then i tried startup repair after it finishes nad its restarts and it didnt fixed my problem....i tried using dism /online /cleanup-image /restorhealth in the command prompt in the system recovery options but it gives me an error 50...

but i will try again the startup repair bkus my laptop has an build startup repair on boot time and pressing or tapping f8 so many times and theres an option repair computer...

Edited by jeffhubert, 06 October 2013 - 10:45 PM.

#6 jeffhubert

jeffhubert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

can repair install remove my all files,programs and games?

#7 jeffhubert

jeffhubert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

i will do this later or soon..without the cd or dvd i have an option repair computer at boot time and press f8..what if did not fixed the problem?

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

can repair install remove my all files,programs and games?

The only time that I've heard of lost data was when one of our members lost a couple of files, but nothing like losing all your documents or pictures, etc.

#9 jeffhubert

jeffhubert
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

mate i just tried again startup repair but after attempting repairs it just pops up that it cant be fixed..how can i fix my file?bkus i have so many corrupted files or windows files like .wmp,desktop.ini and pictures

i did this first:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/hrjt.jpg/

then after scanning and attempting repairs this now pops out

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/209/rjgr.jpg/

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,601 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

The first picture is of your Advanced Bot Options.  This isn't part of the repair installation, so it looks like you are not doing what I had requested.

Please use the instructions I posted for the repair installation.  One of the step includes the startup repair, let this do its thing and get on with the rest of the repair.  This is the only thing you can do at this point short of doing a reinstall of the operating system, or use the system recovery.  Either of these will erase all of your data.

I leave this morning to take my wife to her physician for her bi-monthly treatment and will not be back until Wed. or Thrs.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users