Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD(S)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 export12

export12

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:18 PM

Hello, I need some help, I've had 2 types of blue screens for the past 24 hours, first one had to do with "Bad Pooler head" which I tried researching and fixing but havent found any solution to it and the latest one is "memory management", I'm not really sure what's going on and why this is happening.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

Hi

Since there is a memory management BSOD, please test your system RAM using the free tool Memtest86+ first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

What you need to do is to run the test for at least seven or more passes and report whether it detects any errors during the test. 

Report your findings in next reply.  

#3 export12

export12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

I just ran one pass but already found 500 errors...

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:42 AM

That means there is one or more RAM modules are failed in your system. Please read part 3 of the guide to identify the failing module. What you need to do is to run Memtest on all the modules separately (one at a time) . Once you identified the faulty one, keep it unplugged and check how the system works.

#5 export12

export12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:48 AM

So I have to take apart this computer? I'm not even sure I know how to do that and I don't even have a manual as this is a rental PC, just got the PC with the mouse and keyboard and nothing else, i'm not the owner.

BTW when i checked the minidump folder, just noticed there's 8 other BSOD for the past 10 months. I'm not sure what to use to open it to view it. Doesnt tell me.

Edited by export12, 06 October 2013 - 07:51 AM.

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,131 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

You don't have to "take apart" the computer...every system is made so that RAM can easily be accessed for removal/replacement/addition.

You don't need a manual...just the will to actually test the RAM modules properly.

If it's a rental PC and not your property...you should report this situation to the owner, since he/she is responsible for maintence of the system.  Explain the situation and ask for a replacement system.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users