Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NEW WINDOWS 8 LAPTOP HP LAPTOP WITH WIN 8 SLOOOOOw. PLEASE HELP ME. URGENT. PLZ

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 highfrequencyventila

highfrequencyventila

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

SOMEBODY HAS TO HELP ME ASAP. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY. I JUST GOT A NEW COMPUTER YESTERDAY AN HP COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 8 DON'T KNOW HOW MANY BITS OR ANY OF THAT bleep. I JUST KNOW ONE THING. IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLOW. ITS NEW IT HAD WIN 8 CHROME IS SLOW, FIREFOX IS SLOW, INTERNET EXPLORER IS SLOW!! PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP. I CAN'T AFFORD THIS. I SPENT OVER $300 ON THIS THING. PLEASE HELP ME. PLEASE. ITS SLOW TO COPY AND SELECT TEXTS, THE MOUSE IS JERKY, THE WHOE THING IS A HUNK OF bleep. SOMEBODY HAS TO HELP ME. PLEASE. PLEASE. I NEED HELP. THIS IS GOING TO COST ME MY JOB. AND MY PARENTS WONT LET ME GET ANOTHER ONE. WALL-MART DID NOT HAVE ANY WINDOWS 7 COMPS. PL;EASE SOMEBODY BLOODY HELP ME. I NEED HELP. I HAVE GOT TO HAVE HELP. YOUTUBE IS HOPELESSLTY JERKY AND SO IS ANYTHING ELSE I DO ONLINE. ITS SLOW. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE HELP ME. I NEED SOMETHING TO FIX THIS AND IT CANNOT COST ANYTHING. I KNOW FOR A FACT I AM BARELY USING UP ANY SPACE. NO VIRUSES. WHAT SHOULD I DO????????

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:20 PM

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

The below is for those who cannot get online

Please take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

Please download MiniToolBox, and save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:

Flush DNS
Report IE Proxy Settings
Reset IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
Reset FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

#3 ComputerNeophyte

ComputerNeophyte

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 PM

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

SOMEBODY HAS TO HELP ME ASAP. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY. I JUST GOT A NEW COMPUTER YESTERDAY AN HP COMPUTER WITH WINDOWS 8 DON'T KNOW HOW MANY BITS OR ANY OF THAT bleep. I JUST KNOW ONE THING. IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SLOW. ITS NEW IT HAD WIN 8 CHROME IS SLOW, FIREFOX IS SLOW, INTERNET EXPLORER IS SLOW!! PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP. I CAN'T AFFORD THIS. I SPENT OVER $300 ON THIS THING. PLEASE HELP ME. PLEASE. ITS SLOW TO COPY AND SELECT TEXTS, THE MOUSE IS JERKY, THE WHOE THING IS A HUNK OF bleep. SOMEBODY HAS TO HELP ME. PLEASE. PLEASE. I NEED HELP. THIS IS GOING TO COST ME MY JOB. AND MY PARENTS WONT LET ME GET ANOTHER ONE. WALL-MART DID NOT HAVE ANY WINDOWS 7 COMPS. PL;EASE SOMEBODY BLOODY HELP ME. I NEED HELP. I HAVE GOT TO HAVE HELP. YOUTUBE IS HOPELESSLTY JERKY AND SO IS ANYTHING ELSE I DO ONLINE. ITS SLOW. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE HELP ME. I NEED SOMETHING TO FIX THIS AND IT CANNOT COST ANYTHING. I KNOW FOR A FACT I AM BARELY USING UP ANY SPACE. NO VIRUSES. WHAT SHOULD I DO????????

I'm not a tech advisor in here, but there's no rule against chatting with others.  And further, I am new to computing myself, so I am of limited usefulness.  But let me say this:  Processor speed is critical.  You may have just got yourself a...well, as you say, a bleep.  Price in-and-of-itself does not determine quality.  I suggest you go into Control Panel, click System and Security, then click System.  The info you get there could tell even a dummy like me if your bleep isn't worth a bleep.  But don't ask me, ask one of the smart ppl in here; and believe me, there are plenty of them to be found. 

Oh, and some friendly advice, you don't have to yell in here with CAPS.  It turns the smart ppl off, and the dumb ppl can't help you anyway.

Edited by ComputerNeophyte, 05 October 2013 - 06:08 PM.

#4 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

I think part of the problem is that their cap's lock is stuck on.  The other is unless they post manufacturer info and model, along with Speccy results, showing onboard RAM amount, hard drive size, how much space is taken up on the drive.

Looking at their past posts, it appears that they upgraded an older machine to Windows 8.  I answered about their question regarding a Simulator, that is used by Anesthesiologists, that program would work with no problem.

But over all everyone, I think we can just let this person move on, since all they are doing is posting rants, with no replies, along with their posts appear to be from some kid in Junior High School, not from an adult.

#5 highfrequencyventila

highfrequencyventila
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:41 AM

I think part of the problem is that their cap's lock is stuck on.  The other is unless they post manufacturer info and model, along with Speccy results, showing onboard RAM amount, hard drive size, how much space is taken up on the drive.

Looking at their past posts, it appears that they upgraded an older machine to Windows 8.  I answered about their question regarding a Simulator, that is used by Anesthesiologists, that program would work with no problem.

But over all everyone, I think we can just let this person move on, since all they are doing is posting rants, with no replies, along with their posts appear to be from some kid in Junior High School, not from an adult.

I NEVER SAW YOUR REPLY on the other post until now. Please DO NOT mistake as some  sort of random person who posts to cause problems. I'm not here to cause problems I JUST WANTED HELP and could have used it. You don't have to mistake me as some sort of spammer. PLEASE UNDERSTANd. I did not see ur prev message never got notification about it. I'm not a troll. I seriously wish I would have seen your reply in the other post before I got this new POS computer. You were DEFINITELY RIGHT. Please understand me though. I was just asking for help. I got this new computer at wall*Mart so no I did not upgrade my old computer to Windows 7. the reason I got Windows 8 because my windows 7 was pretty much junk and the only comps at the stors was Windows 8.

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:18 AM

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

Can you please post the above items that I requested?

#7 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

I NEVER SAW YOUR REPLY on the other post until now. Please DO NOT mistake as some  sort of random person who posts to cause problems. I'm not here to cause problems I JUST WANTED HELP and could have used it. You don't have to mistake me as some sort of spammer. PLEASE UNDERSTANd. I did not see ur prev message never got notification about it. I'm not a troll. I seriously wish I would have seen your reply in the other post before I got this new POS computer. You were DEFINITELY RIGHT. Please understand me though. I was just asking for help. I got this new computer at wall*Mart so no I did not upgrade my old computer to Windows 7. the reason I got Windows 8 because my windows 7 was pretty much junk and the only comps at the stors was Windows 8.

Doubtful that the computer is that bad.  If it is, then return it for your money back, if you feel that it does not meet the demands that you are placing on it.

Helps to know again what manufacturer & model# of the unit, Speccy results (Speccy can be downloaded from the link posted).  Also stop yelling, posting like like you have for both of these posts.  As for not seeing my reply about the Anesthesia software, you can look at followups to posts, go to http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications and check under "Topics & Posts", to "Auto follow topics I reply to. Notification frequency:", and set for "Daily Digest".

Also under "Status Updates", check "Notify me of replies to my status updates" and "Notify me of replies to status updates I have replied to".

Unless you can get us the info on your computer that is seemingly frustrating you, there is no way anyone can help you out.  I know some CPU's are just really bad when overwhelmed, by high use programs, but really I cannot see the unit you have from HP, being that bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users