Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

com surrogate eating memory

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 blattu

blattu

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

good morning all  :)

ok heres the story....

first windows 7 home

amd 5500 tricore (I think that's the number)

4 gig ram

500g hd

onboard radion graphics

the problem...

many symptoms..

1 dllhost.exe is running 12-15 times in task manager .the longer this runs, the more memory is used. really slows down the system.

I can end process but it pops right back up

2 I get do you want to leave this page pop-up at random even when not online.

3 most programs just switch to desktop ,mostly games, but its done it 20-30 times writeing this post.

4  I cannot run sfc /scannow as it says resource protection wont allow

im using Microsoft security essentials,mbam,hitman pro. all scan clean

this is the 3-4 day and im lost

thank you for reading

suggestions?

Blattu

Edited by hamluis, 05 October 2013 - 01:52 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MisterWeather

MisterWeather

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:25 PM

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:16 PM

Blattu

I don't know if you've had an answer or found a solution, but I've seen other threads on-line similar to this one. My problems started when IE10 was automatically installed; I went back to IE9 and the issue disappeared. Then IE11 was installed and the memory eating dllhost com surrogate reappeared. Using Process Explorer I'd see a DLLHost launch a COM Surrogate process which would last a few seconds; close with another launch right away. This kept happening until the system ran out of RAM; I'd reboot and after 2 or 3 days the problem would begin again.

I looked around many boards and searched, never finding a satisfactory resolution. At the end of the day - for me - the issue was IE10 and IE11 does not play well with add-ons. I reset IE11 to it's base state, rebooted the computer and 10 days later no errant dllhost COM Surrogates eating memory.

Good luck.

MisterWeather

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users