Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

is there any free edition malware bytes?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 doveriene22

doveriene22

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 AM

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

can i ask for a free edition malware bytes?somebody help me.. :flowers:

Edited by hamluis, 05 October 2013 - 11:04 AM.
Moved from MRL to AV/AM Software - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:22 AM

Here you go: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/

Just remember to uncheck the Enable free trial of MBAM Pro option:

mbam.png

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,739 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

Note: A 14-day trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO is available as an option when first installing the free version so all users can test the real-time protection component for a period of two weeks. When the limited time period expires those features will be deactivated and locked. Enabling the Protection Module feature again requires registration and purchase of a license key. If you continue to use the free version, there is no requirement to buy a license...you can just use it as a stand-alone scanner. Users who have previously completed the trial will not be prompted to start the trial upon upgrade or reinstallation.

If you don't want to test it out, then do as Union_Thug indicated.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#4 pauldonp

pauldonp

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

IObit malware fighter is a brilliant free malware remover,

its one of the best i have come across,

i find IObits advanced system care 6 is brilliant and this runs along side IObit malware figher, i find these 2 are all you need, plus advanced system care sorts all sorts of problems out and really speeds any computer up, im currently testing the advanced system care 7 Beta version as that seems to do a lot more, i know all the computers ive installed these on are working a whole lot better and much quicker than most other laptops and computers,

i find norton and avg tend to slow things down so if you use microsoft security essentials then use IObit malware fighter then that does a very good job, then i use advanced system care 7 to do a scan each day or each week and that keeps things running at their best, plus it has many other features that most will find very helpful and will really help speed a sytem up,

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,739 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

In regards to IOBit (EvonSoft.com) products, please read:Although, the Malwarebytes team no longer has an issue with IObit, the vendor's dubious methods would not warrant a recommendation from me to use or trust their software. Further, IOBIT has even been placed into the Installers Hall of Shame.

Advanced SystemCare is an optimization suite and registry cleaner by IObit that purports to improve performance, make repairs and tune up a computer.

Advanced SystemCare Free...Why waste money on expensive "registry cleaners" to fix your PC when Advanced SystemCare Free will repair, tune, and maintain it for you for free

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons.
Why you should not use Registry Cleaners and Optimization Tools

#6 Black Scorpion

Black Scorpion

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:03 AM

There is no doubt that Iobit is the culprit and it is only trying to be a clone of Malwarebytes or some thing like that.So, why opt for the thing which is trying to be a clone, when the original Malwarebytes is available as a free version and the major advantage of Malarebytes is it does not have any hidden or unwanted programs or applications like toolbars, pups, pops etc. I just forgot to mention the main thing that there is nothing like Registry Cleaner.I can guarantee you that they can only increase the problems or destroy your registry completely if you use these Registry Cleaners. thankyou.

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,739 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:54 AM

,,,Registry Cleaner.I can guarantee you that they can only increase the problems or destroy your registry completely if you use these Registry Cleaners. thankyou.

Yes indeed.

Bleeping Computer DOES NOT recommend the use of registry cleaners/optimizers for several reasons.
Please read: Why you should not use Registry Cleaners and Optimization Tools

#8 Black Scorpion

Black Scorpion

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:15 AM

after reading "why you should not use Registry Cleaners and Optimization Tools" i have just educated myself that precaution is better than cure. thankyou.

Edited by Black Scorpion, 08 October 2013 - 09:23 AM.

#9 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,739 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:05 AM

You're welcome.

Edit: I noticed you edited your post to remove the question about ThreatFire which was in the email notification I received. I removed that info from my reply here and included it in the new topic you started.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users