Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Page Cannot Be Found

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 z4955

z4955

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:16 PM

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:34 PM

someone else asked me to help with a computer problem
I forgot to ask what OS
the computer connects to the internet, but then gets the message "page cannot be found"
it seems to me it might be some setting that needs to be corrected in the browser?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2006 - 09:13 PM

Page cannot be displayed is one of the most perplexing problems. It can be just clearing out the temp Internet files or a setting in the internet options. I would suggest getting as much info about the system like make, model number and system specs first for us so we can better help you.

Actually the best way is to call tech support for the particular ISP, oh we need to know that too, some ISP's are more prone to this than others.

#3 funnytim

funnytim

• Members
  • 624 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:16 AM

Posted 28 April 2006 - 11:22 PM

if your friend has another computer, try using it to see if he can connect to the internet using the other comp.....

if (the other computer) can connect to internet....that means there's smth wrong w/ the settings....

if it can't....then chances are there's smth wrong with his ISP.

Edited by funnytim, 28 April 2006 - 11:22 PM.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,490 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2006 - 07:59 AM

Its not always malware, so try this first: How to fix the top 10 Internet Explorer issues
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#5 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2006 - 09:51 AM

Here is a good page to try to fix your problem, I would suggest printing it out before starting:

Error message: The page cannot be displayed

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;EN-US;Q241344

If this does not help please when you post again have a complete as can be list of all the system spec's for your computer such as make, model number, Ram, Video card W/Ram, hard drive space (Free) and anything else that is possibly needed.

Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users