Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AntiVirus Security Pro and cmd.exe

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Callar

Callar

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

I have been hit with the anti virus security pro virus and have tried to remove it using your excellent guide. I have used this guide peviously on another virus and it has been successful. However this time when I start the PC in safe mode with networking instead of going into windows it is now opening a box which is titled cmd.exe.  Within this box is the prompt c:\Windows\system32> with a flashing cursor.  I am unsure as to the next step as I am not sure if this is a valid windows screen or a fake screen introduced by the virus.

I have turned the computer off and restarted to try and get it to go into windows to run your other suggested method of opening in safe mode but the same cmd.exe box is coming up. My computer is running on Windows 7. Any help or advice would be gratefully received.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisdando

chrisdando

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

Hey Callar, I'm no expert but I have had my fair share of viruses. What make & model is you're computer? 

Try this;

Inside Windows- Regular or Safe Mode repeatedly tap F8 as you boot

Run checkdisk- Schedule it to run at next start up and they Apply > OK then restart and let the checkdisk run.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Hello Callar
Please read THIS Bleeping Computer Tutorial on how to remove the infection.
Extra information on How to start Windows in Safe Mode -

If you are not able to follow these directions, please post as below -

Please follow the instructions in ==>This Prep Guide<== starting at Step #6

If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post to ==>Malware Removal<==

Please include a description of your computer issues, what you have done to resolve them, and a link to this topic.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

NOTE : Please Copy / Paste all logs requested, and do not use Attach unless specifically asked -

Good luck and be very patient, as the area can get very busy.

If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.

Thank You -

Edited by noknojon, 04 October 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#4 Callar

Callar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:49 AM

Thanks for the suggestions. However I am unable to run any programs, or download any software to follow the procedures suggested. I have selected the option to start the PC in safe mode with networking. Normally when I have done this it takes you through to windows and you can start running programs/downloading etc.   However at the moment after selecting safe mode the computer is coming up with a black screen and then opening a box which is titled cmd.exe. In the box is a prompt of c:\windows\system32>      I guess my question is what can I type in here to get the PC to open windows so that I can follow the virus removal advice.

I have tried to just close the cmd.exe window and I am just left with a blank screen.

Thanks

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 AM

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:59 AM

OK -

Please follow the second part of my reply and post to the Malware Removal area.

Even if you are not able to post any logs, the Experts in that area can help you to reboot your system -

Thank You -

EDIT -

Just post the problem and a decent description of the reasons why you can not add any more -

Edited by noknojon, 05 October 2013 - 03:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users