Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I am new here too and I have a problem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 panorama8

panorama8

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

All over any webpages including this one here - many words are double underlined and in either blue or red. Whenever I hover over these words a box comes up with either monstermarketplace.com or be2.com or onlinewebsearch.com to click. I have Emsisoft Anti Malware and I did as suggested on How to Geek ran SuperAntiSpyware it detected  48 items an Adword Tracking (sth like that) I quarantined it but suddenly the SuperAntiSpyware (free version) is not anymore on my laptop. Weird. I ran Malwarebytes AntiMalware (free version) too detected heaps over 500 quarantined all (had to select all manually) and result it is still there. Has anyone some suggestions please? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 D1n0_man

D1n0_man

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:37 PM

The same thing has happened to my computer today as well.  It appears that it is only affecting Google Chrome, and not affecting IE.  I ran a Sophos scan and it did not pick anything up.  I followed a few malware removal tips, and this did not have any of the listed files for removal.  Curious how to solve this particular annoying thing.

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:29 PM

Posted 06 October 2013 - 01:03 AM

@  panorama8 -

Please post to the Am I infected? What do I do? area of the forum.

Someone will look at your problem there -

Thank You -

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 AM

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

@ D1n0_man

Please follow noknojon's suggestion and create your own topic as well.

Best of luck to you both with your issues.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 panorama8

panorama8
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:29 PM

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:38 AM

hey D1n0-man I did post in the 'Am I infected' area and got the answer. Very simple solution. Install Adblock Plus in  Chrome Web store (when you have Adblock Plus installed you see a red icon next to the yellow bookmark star) -  anyhow look for the post because there is a lot of additional information, which explains everything and how it works.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:29 AM

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

Actually Dino you should read the topic
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509988/highlighted-words-with-ads-pop-up-in-google-chrome-webpages/#entry3175325
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users