Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Antivirus Security Pro" Removal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 willemsen

willemsen

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 AM

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

My daughter's laptop, with Windows 7 operating system is infected with the aforementioned virus. Unfortunately it will not allow me to download "RKILL". Your instructiions indicate to go to another computer, which I am doing now, and download the link and transfer to my daughter's PC. My computer is on "Windows Vista". And, do I save or run?
Thank you. John

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hbyton

hbyton

• Members
  • 196 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

Try this, does not always work but makes it a hell of a lot easier to remove if it does!

After it has done its fake scan, press remove threats, activate for full protection, i already have a key.

Type in this key

AF03E-A1B69411-5E496BEE-92A70D00-1AD697F6

If that key does not work try this one

AA39754E-715219CE

Did that work?

If it did work you should now be able to run rkill, after rkill has ran you should download and install malwarebytes free from the following website.

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html

(Decline the 7 day trial if it offeres it to you)

Run an update then do a full scan and remove anything it finds.

Edited by hbyton, 04 October 2013 - 10:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users