Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dell laptop display is messed up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vt1991

vt1991

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:05 AM

My Dell XPS M1530 screen suddenly is appearing with duplicate split scrren with dense horizontal lines across the screen. I have attached a picture of how it looks. I have tried restarting. Attached to an external display and it is the same. I tried booting to safe mode and still the same. Could someone suggest what elsei can do?

Attached Files

Edited by vt1991, 04 October 2013 - 07:20 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:39 AM

Your video card has failed, and your motherboard will likely need to be replaced. I would recommend its time to buy a new lap top if this one is out of warranty.

#3 Will5200

Will5200

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:58 AM

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:06 AM

I agree, hardware issue.

#4 vt1991

vt1991
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

Thanks to all who replied. Will I be able to use an external monitor if I purchased a USB video adapter? If so, do you have any suggestions for which kind of card I should buy?

#5 Quantum41

Quantum41

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

Your going to need a new laptop for the hardware failure. Your video card has failed so an external display wont change anything. The external display still uses the video card in the laptop so its going to look the same. 

My Blog www.theanyblog.com

Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit CPUIntel Core i7 3820 Sandy Bridge-E 32nm Technology RAM16.0 GB Single-Channel DDR3 
MotherboardSABERTOOTH X79 (LGA2011) GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users