Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Very WEIRD, ANNOYING and MYSTIFYING Is my Computer Haunted?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JayJax

JayJax

• Members
  • 696 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

I've spent the last couple hours trying to update my profile on a web site.   And it has taken way longer than it should have - I'm worn out.

Initially I had decided to erase the entire profile and start over.   The profile is divided into sections so a couple paragraphs each.

Anyway, for a while it went okay and then it started not saving the changes I made to a section, hit and miss.   It would then it wouldn't.

So I made changes over and over with occasional success.   I had to keep reading it and there would be little things I swore I fixed but didn't.

I was using Firefox so I decided to use Explorer and it worked first time.   But then, moving on to a new section, same story.

It seemed to save my first revision to a section but if I tried to make a change to that it wouldn't take.  Actually it wouldn't save at all.   So I'd cancel and then sometimes the changes would show anyway even though I didn't get them to save.   TOTALLY WEIRD.  

I restarted my computer but that didn't help.   Is my computer haunted or am I jinxed?

Edited by JayJax, 03 October 2013 - 10:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 morabona

morabona

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

Have you tried it on another computer?  Are you able to browse to other sites fine? those are the first questions to troubleshooting this problem...

#3 jraju1954

jraju1954

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:58 PM

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:41 AM

Hi, It is my guess that when you update something, for each input, there are some sites, which will not allow you to input anything unless the input has been configured in the server of the site, So, in the meanwhile if for traffic reason , or for any connectivity or low speed of internet, this continuity will get lost and some browser say "You need to sent the following information again" to get the screen. In all probable changes, this information is lost for ever. So this is a problem of traffic of the site, the number of users logging on that time , your internet speed etc. There is only one option. You could log on to the site in the odd hours where there will be minimal traffic to update. I hope this point helps you

#4 JayJax

JayJax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 696 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 06 October 2013 - 02:11 AM

Thanks for the suggestions you guys.    Right now it does seem that it was a site problem, that's my guess, i didn't think of the high traffic issue until you mentioned it.   I haven't had the problem anywhere else since then so I'm thinking that it wasn't anything on my end particularly causing it.

I may try in a day or two posting there again just to see what happens.   Since it hasn't occurred anywhere else I'm not concerned I was a couple days ago because it turned into an issue that wasted hours online and I get tunnel vision.   I do like to finish things though and hate to leave them hanging so I guess that's why I stuck with it.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users