Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to access to the internet after running ComboFix

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 alemathibenegas

alemathibenegas

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:49 PM

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

Hi, I have ran Combofix 2 days ago and after that I couldn't connect to the internet
I use windows 7

Edit: Moved topic from Networking to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

This is one of the reasons why we recommend not to use ComboFix on your own. There are risks involved and we would prefer it if someone who knows how to resovle any issues that may arise is supervising its use.

ComboFix disconnects the computer from the Internet as part of its routine. If you did not disconnect, you may loose your connection. The connection is automatically restored before ComboFix completes its run. However, if ComboFix runs into difficulty and terminates prematurely, the connection can be restored by restarting your machine.

If rebooting did not restore your Network and Internet Connection, then follow these instructions for Manually restoring the Internet connection.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#3 alemathibenegas

alemathibenegas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

Also... i forgot to post the log, and I need some help at finding it, where is it located by default?

#4 alemathibenegas

alemathibenegas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:44 PM

I've already followed those instruction and it didn't work

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,944 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

ComboFix logs are not permitted in this forum.

Since you already ran Combofix, its log should be thoroughly reviewed by trained experts in order to ascertain what was detected/removed and what malware you're dealing with. A log should have been created and saved to the root directory, usually C:\ComboFix.txt.

Please follow the instructions in the Preparation Guide For Requesting Help starting at Step 6.
When you have done that, start a new topic and post the required logs to include your ComboFix log in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team Experts. After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can closed this one.

After doing this, it would be helpful if you replied back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can closed this one. Good luck and be patient.

#6 alemathibenegas

alemathibenegas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

Here is the new link of the post
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509862/internet-stopped-working-after-combofix-run/

Moderator edit: Link is here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509968/cant-connect-to-the-internet-after-running-combofix/?view=findpost&p=3175189

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 06 October 2013 - 11:16 AM.

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,944 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

I edited your rely to include the OS info you posted in a second reply...then I deleted that second reply. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another Malware Response Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

You can edit your first reply and post the required DDS log and ComboFix log.

Let me know when you do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users