Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Possible Rootkit AVG irp hooks detected

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pinzasso

pinzasso

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:50 PM

Hi,

Yesterday avg told me that it detected a irp hooks. I looked into it and ran mbam it found some malware (some file downloader that i didn't download on purpose anyway)

But just because i havent cleaned up this computer in four years i decided to reinstall windows (i know jumping the gun). Unfortunetly it wasn't installing from cd boot so i reinstalled in windows (realized it wasn't going to format but it was allready going). After installation i cleaned up all my old windows files and download mbam again it found some more Trojan/Malware in files that were in the recyclebin (from old windows directory) which i manually deleted. Just to be safe i ran it again it found nothing.

But i am experienceing problems with the windows update feature (it won't download) and i just had a blue screen of death.

So i downloaded gamer just to follow up.

GMER 2.1.19163 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2013-10-03 13:47:38
Windows 6.1.7600  x64 \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 -> \Device\Ide\IAAStorageDevice-2 Intel___ rev.1.0. 1192.34GB
Running: gmer.exe; Driver: C:\Users\matt\AppData\Local\Temp\pxldypow.sys

---- Threads - GMER 2.1 ----

Thread  C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe [1892:1396]  000007fefa772a74
Thread  C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe [1256:3140]                    000007fef9ed1010

---- EOF - GMER 2.1 ----

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users