Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable to run/open programs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Apexrock

Apexrock

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

Hey there,

just this morning I haven't been able to run or open programs unless I right click and run as administrator.  After doing a brief search around the web, it looks like this might be some sort of virus.  I've tried to download malware bytes and one other antivirus program and neither files will even begin to install.  For malware bytes, I get an "error creating window class" popup when I try to run the setup.  My computer also will not let me go to organize > search and folder options > view > unhide extensions.  In fact, it won't let me click the organize button at all.  Nothing happens when I try to click it.  Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Apexrock

Apexrock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

Update: I was finally able to find a way to show the extensions for programs.  In conclusion, I was able to change the extension and name for mbam.exe and am now running a scan.  

#3 Apexrock

Apexrock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

Here's my log after the Malware scan.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2013.10.03.06

Windows 7 x64 NTFS
Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385
Cameron :: CAMERON-PC [administrator]

10/3/2013 10:18:10 AM
mbam-log-2013-10-03 (10-18-10).txt

Scan type: Quick scan
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 319609
Time elapsed: 31 minute(s), 38 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 4
HKCR\AppID\{BDB69379-802F-4eaf-B541-F8DE92DD98DB} (PUP.Optional.BabylonToolBar.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCU\Software\1ClickDownload (PUP.Optional.1ClickDownload.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKCU\SOFTWARE\SWEETIM (PUP.Optional.SweetIM.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKLM\SOFTWARE\SWEETIM (PUP.Optional.SweetIM.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Detected: 2
HKCU\Software\SweetIM|simapp_id (PUP.Optional.SweetIM.A) -> Data: 11111111 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKLM\Software\SweetIM|simapp_id (PUP.Optional.SweetIM.A) -> Data: 11111111 -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 2
C:\Users\Cameron\AppData\Local\Temp\CT3072253 (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Cameron\AppData\Local\Temp\CT3072253\xpi (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Detected: 11
C:\Users\Cameron\Downloads\DTLite4452-0287.exe (PUP.Optional.OpenCandy) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Cameron\Downloads\movie_player_1280 (1).exe (PUP.Optional.InstallIQ.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Cameron\Downloads\movie_player_1280.exe (PUP.Optional.InstallIQ.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Cameron\Downloads\mplayer.exe (PUP.Optional.InstallIQ.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Cameron\Downloads\poker stove setup.exe (PUP.Soft32Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Cameron\AppData\Local\Conduit\CT3072253\uTorrentControl2AutoUpdateHelper.exe (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Cameron\setup.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Cameron\AppData\Local\Temp\CT3072253\CT3072253.txt (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Cameron\AppData\Local\Temp\CT3072253\CT3072253.xpi (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Cameron\AppData\Local\Temp\CT3072253\manifest.json (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Users\Cameron\AppData\Local\Temp\CT3072253\xpi\install.rdf (PUP.Optional.Conduit.A) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

(end)

Anything that I should still be worried about?  Programs seem to be opening just fine now, and the other problems I was experiencing seem to be gone now as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users