Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to remove Sweetpacks adware from a Mac

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mvn1011

mvn1011

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

Hi, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I realized my old PC laptop had the Sweetpacks adware after I was transferring files to an external drive to then transfer to my new Mac. I was able to use your Sweetpacks removal guide to remove it from my old laptop but now have to remove it from my Mac (and external drive, since I guess I infected it also). I'm a beginner with MacBooks, so simple instructions would be really great.  

Thanks!

Edited by mvn1011, 03 October 2013 - 10:24 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 smax013

smax013

• BC Advisor
  • 2,329 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:29 PM

Is the MacBook actually infected (i.e. does the toolbar actually show up on the Mac)? I don't believe that is a virus that will effect Macs, but I could be wrong.

Or are you just worried about files infected with the virus that might eventually get used on another Windows PC and want to disinfect them before then? If this is the case, then scanning with a Mac anti-virus might find and remove it as many Mac anti-virus programs will still scan (and remove) many Windows viruses/malware for exactly this reason. The other option would be to scan the files on a Windows computer (i.e. move them to the Windows computer and delete from the Mac) and then move them back to the Mac.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users