Sorry for a misleading title like that. I'm posting on behalf of my friend's, who is not able to access internet to post this. However she sent me a compilation of problems she faced and while some might be fit for other forums or maybe found in guides here, I request that those be looked as well.
Problems that I face while accessing files and folders-
1. It takes at least 30 seconds for a selected option to be opened. For eg- When I open control panel, my laptop requires at least 2 minutes for letting a user view and use the options.
2. My laptop is not supporting new routers, installed in my hostel because for using it, we are given IP address and GATEWAY and whenever I select an option, “OPEN NETWORK AND SHARING CENTER” and then “PROPERTIES”, a message like this appears in a small pop up box.
“Some of the controls on this property sheet are disabled because one or more other Network property sheets are already open. To use these controls, close all the property sheets and then reopen this one. “
3. When I insert any pen drive, a small message on the lower right side, just above the notification bar appears on the screen-
“Quick Heal Total Security
File successfully repaired”
Another message that appears in the center of the screen is-
“APMV.exe- Bad Image
I:\XP- Update.exe is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an errors. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support”
When I opened to view folders in my pen drive (which was originally empty and formatted) had a file named, “XP –Update”, size of the file is 54 kilobytes and the date of creation shows the date and time of the moment I had inserted the pen drive.
This is the image showing all the pop ups, I have mentioned above.
4. None of the music or video files can heard or viewed clearly. The sound is much obstructed, as if an obsolete cassette player has been played innumerable times.
5. When I created a folder of size 50 MB in pen drive, comprising few songs and then reinserted it after ejecting it, the same folder converted into 64.0 KB folder and had all the songs. The above problem happened when I selected “without scanning” for the option, “If I would like to continue with or without scanning”.
6. A minute later, another message appeared like this-
7. On inserting a pen drive again and selecting an option, “continue with scanning”, the same music folder, got converted into a folder of size 110 Kb.