Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"Has stopped working" error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BECLIS

BECLIS

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:44 AM

Hi,

I am getting a "xxx has stopped working" error every time I try to open certain programs. I ran Avira and got no warnings. Can't run Malwarebytes or Superantispyware because they give me the error. Logitech update and skype are a couple of other examples of programs that won't run. Some programs open okay, but most give me the error.

I installed a Windows update right before this happened. It was a gigantic one, with like 100 items and took about half an hour. I recently reinstalled Windows a few weeks ago and I thought maybe this was the first update since I did so maybe that's why it was so huge, but it seemed odd. I tried system restore, but it gives me an error when my computer restarts saying it can't start Windows and I have to undo the restore.

Windows 7 64bit
intel i5-2410M CPU 2.3 GHz
8GB Ram

Thank you for your help.

user_invisible.gifreport.gif quote.gif

Edited by hamluis, 03 October 2013 - 08:51 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 manohar_online

manohar_online

• Banned Spammer
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:22 AM

I suggest you to uninstall / rever back the all Windows update which you have downloaded. Uninstall the windows updates from add/remove tab- control panel.

#3 BECLIS

BECLIS
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 03 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

Thanks. It was an old IE update that was causing it. Gone now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users