Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nintendo's Revolution No Longer Exists

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 27 April 2006 - 05:58 PM

WIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!

That's right people. If you've been looking forward to nintendo's next gen console (......has anyone?), you can no longer tell your friends that you're interested in the Revolution. From now on, you want the Wii (pronounced "We" or "wee", as many forums are using).

Nintendo's Grand Renaming
^^^ The full story here

So, now you get to go over to your friends house and play with their Wii.
You get to wait in line to get your hands on your very own Wii.
......sorry, i could go on.......

Anyway, has anyone here actually been looking forward to N's next system? I know i sure haven't.....

Edited by Heretic Monkey, 27 April 2006 - 05:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 27 April 2006 - 07:11 PM

Nope. I gave up on them when I got the game cube and enjoyed all 3 games that were made for it (sarcasim of course). I also enjoyed paying more for the nintendo games then the ps2 games (yep, more sarcasim) :thumbsup:

I've gone retro. I have a Nintendo Entertainment System, with 1 paddle and the gun. I also have 2 of them in the original boxes that were only opened once, by me, to check to make sure that all the original parts were still there and in their original wrappings (yes, they all were/still are!) :flowers:

Both Duck Hunt and the first Mario Bros. are harder than I remember :trumpet:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 kickehy

kickehy

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2006 - 09:15 AM

I actually have been :thumbsup: I've always been interested in Nintendo, granted the GameCube was slightly disappointing, but there's nothing like sitting around a GameCube and playing Mario Party and trying to mash your A button faster than another opponent. I do like Xbox and PlayStation, don't get me wrong, but I'm really ready for something different from the traditional FPS or RPG that Xbox and Playstation makes. Don't you ever get bored just doing the same old thing, but with different graphics and guns? I agree with Chris Kohler from Game|Life, "If you're feeling enraged, picked on, or left out, I highly encourage you to go out and buy an Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3." Go ahead and stick with Xbox or PlayStation, but for me, I want something new, and that's what I'm going to get from Wii.

~Kickehy

#4 Bulldog

Bulldog

• Members
  • 394 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2006 - 09:31 AM

Stevealmighty,

Talking about the old school Nintendo, I have still got my origional system that came with 2 games. Duck Hunt and Gyromite. Like with duck hunt that came with a gun, this system came with a little robot used to play gyromite.

You probably already new about this system but a lot of people didn't.

And actually in my opinion that was their glory days. They waited to long to come out with a new system and when they did it was dated when it came out.
bulldogsmall6ma.jpg

"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." - Abe Lincoln

#5 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 28 April 2006 - 09:45 AM

I loved that game....although I couldn't ever get the "hang of" using that robot. I always remember getting flustered at the stupid robot, but still thought it was the neatest thing!

I agree with you Bulldog.....the NES era was most definatly Nintendos "glory days"! I can remember playing Zelda and just being dumbfounded with the entire game, game play and graphics! I was in awe! Then Final Fantasy, more mario bros. games.....I used to play so much that my thumb would be bruised and sore for days!!!

Remember those days....."OMG! A paddle with 2 buttons! A gun just like the arcade! Wow! It just doesn't get any better than this!!!!".........................Of course, I showed my 12yr old son the original mario brothers game and his first comment was; "What's wrong with the graphics?". Goes to show how times have changed!

Sorry, I know that I've strayed :thumbsup:

Edited by stevealmighty, 28 April 2006 - 09:47 AM.

War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#6 rms4evr

rms4evr

• Members
  • 812 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2006 - 06:17 PM

WIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!

That's right people. If you've been looking forward to nintendo's next gen console (......has anyone?), you can no longer tell your friends that you're interested in the Revolution. From now on, you want the Wii (pronounced "We" or "wee", as many forums are using).

Nintendo's Grand Renaming
^^^ The full story here

So, now you get to go over to your friends house and play with their Wii.
You get to wait in line to get your hands on your very own Wii.
......sorry, i could go on.......

Anyway, has anyone here actually been looking forward to N's next system? I know i sure haven't.....

I myself am waiting for the PS3...my loyalty to Sony shall not waiver! :thumbsup:

As for the name change...I'm thinking it came after a night of smoking pot:

Executive 1: Hey, why don't we call our new system something else?"

Executive 2: Something else? Cool, a new name! Whee!!!

Executive 1: THAT'S IT!!! We'll call it Whee!!! But let's spell it "Wii" so it looks cool, too!

Executive 3: "Wii." Hehe!! That's awesome! Wwwiiiii! Haha!!!

Executive 2: I'm sooo baked!! Wii!!! Hehe!!!

Wow...I should write fiction!!! :flowers:

#7 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2006 - 09:41 AM

Lets see, I might get a Wii but first and foremost, I'm waiting until the PS3 comes out and then I can make a decision between that and the Xbox 360 with a true side-by-side comparison, not fanboy "THIS 1 IS BETTAH!!!" crap.

I plan on getting a PS3 anyway but I refuse to buy a xbox 360 just because its out right now. Especially since I plan on upgrading my PC for the future and the good Xbox 360 games are also on PC anyway (I have oblivion, might get Ghost Recon, and I doubt I'll get Tomb Raider).

It'd be nice to play all the old nintendo games from the past, I miss playing World Cup Soccer and Ninja Turtles. However, I hope that Wii comes out with some good games, like more violent stuff, I can only stand so much Mario Party, Mario Tennis, Mario Soccer, Mario Baseball, Mario Golf, ect. A new Super Smash Brothers would be cool but some shooters and the like that will really take advantage of the new controller setup would be cool.

Still, my priorities are set.

1- PC upgrades
2- PS3
3- Wii
4- Xbox 360 (but I really don't want one unless it literally walks all over PS3 so bad that its pointless to buy a PS3, which I seriously doubt will happen. Or I'll get it only after I get a PS3)

#8 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2006 - 10:14 AM

I read a article on this....
WII is the stupidest name ever...I think we should call it the Nintentendo W I I instead of WEEEEE....
What were they thinking?
Im not going to buy it anyways but what a stupid name!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users