Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sharing Contacts Over A Network In Outlook 2003 Pro

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,260 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:32 AM

Posted 27 April 2006 - 03:52 PM

In my office, we have 18 workstations connected via the LAN to a server running MS Windows Small Business Server 2003 and is the domain controller as well as central storage for everyone on the domain. All the computers have MS Office 2003 Professional with Outlook's Business Contact Manager and the latest updates from Microsoft.

When an employee leaves the organization, their e-mail address is deleted. We have a rather high turnover rate in some departments and as a result I am regularly deleting e-mail accounts from our ISP. The problem is that as employees come and go, people's contacts lists get out of date fast.This isn't a problem for me because I update my contacts folder every time I add or delete an employee. What I'd like is to have a central Contacts folder reside on the server that each user's Outlook program would use in addition to any personal contacts they may have.

I looked into the Business Contact Manager but I couldn't make much of how it was supposed to work or if we needed to buy addidtion software for the server (MS Exchange Server?).

Could someone shed some light on this for me? All I want to do is have everyone's Contacts folder up-to-date! :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users