Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Startup Repair Loop issue also

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Abidale

Abidale

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:10 AM

I have this problem too.   NOOB here.  Model is: I have no idea nor do I know how to find this
Computer is several yrs old and I do not have disks.
Fix (which did not work) so far:  
D: Dir CD\windows\system32\config
Dir
MD mybacku
copy *.*
CD regback
Dir
copy *.* ..
A (overwrite)
enter
restart.
Everything appeared as it should,  Had all files posted that I needed and no file size were 0 bytes ...
but I'm still stuck in the loop.   :(
Help anyone?

I have no Idea what SATA is and I tried holding f8 while rebooting but nothing.

Mod Edit: Split from.. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509283/stuck-in-startup-repair-loop/#ipboard_body

Edited by boopme, 02 October 2013 - 09:42 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Abidale

Abidale
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

Apparently my post had an edit to redirect so I took som infor from over there but still don't have an answer.  My computer is an e machine don't know if that is what you mean by model.

I tried this -  First , try to boot in safe mode by pressing f8 while you switchon. Tab it continuously and if it goes to the screen, then select safe mode and see if it could be booted. if it boots, please i advise you to copy all the files and folders including the mydocuments folder to a pendrive and then try to repair the laptop on the next boot.

If you could not boot in safe mode also, then press f10 to go the bios settings

When I did the F10 this what I see

Edit Windows boot options for : Windows 7

path: \windows\system32\winload.exe

partition:3

[ \NOEXECUTE=OPTIN

Have no Idea what to do there.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

You may find this worth perusing.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users