Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Aspire 6530 - Hardcore problem, need help 4 real

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 grandpapa10

grandpapa10

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:43 AM

He hey people, be gentle with me, Im a newbie...

It goes like that : I have an Acer Aspire 6530, a reaaal beauty... worked like a charm... Problem is that one morning I tried to switch it on and to my despair, it simply wasnt.... :(

Thing is that I start it and the screen is completely black, the lights come up, but 10 seconds later I hear a ''Puff'' sound and it reboots... as if it had overheated and switched off not to burn out... And this process repeats itself as long as agony can take, and as far as I can wait... I went to a repair shop, the Mofo' took a slight look, thought the problem was solely with the screen, and tried to scam 135 euros instantly, told him that actually I had carefully opened up the lid and realized the cooling fan only worked for a few seconds before the computer reboots.... Went to another repair shop here in Hamburg (Germany) and the cretin tried to get 50 hard-worked bucks for taking a look... Man, Im loosing my nerves and getting desperate, since my life without the notebook could easily turn into hell ! Please, I would love some help, any kind, from anybody.... I thank immensely in advance and look forward helping you guys with what I can !

Cheers from HH

Edited by hamluis, 02 October 2013 - 04:27 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

Nothing we can do. Most likely the motherboard is toast, if it is shutting down right after you power the unit on.

#3 grandpapa10

grandpapa10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

Hey man, thanks for the reply... but as I said, there s no evidence that would lead me to think that the motherboard is burned out... At first, this problem could be simply taken for the famous ''Black Screen'' problem common to Acer s notebooks... Anyway, I could be really ambitious with my suppositions, but I could say that memory may be a main problem, if not... the cooling fan is to blame... Also, the computer used to overheat sometimes when I used for a long period and opened programs that required a far better graphic card, and suddenly shut down... But I dealt with that problem by placing an external cooling fan under the computer... worked great.... I m eager for your reply, and thanks a lot in advance ! ! 

#4 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

If the computer was allowed to overheat, sorry but it is toast. Time to buy a new computer, since the cost for the motherboard, would cost you as much as a new computer.

#5 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

The puff kind your hearing is likely the cpu fan surging during the shutdown process. I would attempt to reset the cmos first by removing the main battery, charger and the cmos backup batter. The cmos battery may be located under a cover on the back or hidden under the palmrest or the bottom of the system board. After disconnecting these you can clear residual power left in system components by holding down the power button for 5-10 seconds.Before reinstalling the cmos battery Check the cmos battery voltage level (should be 3.0 to2.6 volts minimum) or just use a new one anyways. Install the primary battery and the charger cord and see if you can atleast get to the bios setup screen. If you get to the setup screen update the time and date BEFORE YOU TRY AND BOOT WIINDOWS.

Edited by Sneakycyber, 08 October 2013 - 12:04 AM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#6 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

Here's a video of a teardown in case you get stuck somewhere:

http://youtu.be/g0k8LpYb_Io

I would try the above suggestions.

#7 grandpapa10

grandpapa10
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

Hehey people, I immensely thank you guys ! Just a little question : Do you think I could, myself repair it to avoid any additional costs ? If yes, how much could it cost a new motherbard ? 

once again, thanks a lot !

#8 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

If you feel confident in doing so, you can repair it yourself. This is not something we can answer for you. I don't find working on laptops to be difficult- though I'm a tech and I work on them every day.

You need to get your motherboards part number (probably a sticker on the board somewhere) and go to Ebay and look for replacements. They can run anywhere from $50-$300, depending on shipping and availability.

If you decide to try the above suggestions, take a very close look at the motherboard for signs of damage. Any of these means the motherboard needs to be replaced, ie it cannot be repaired:

KZG%20badcaps3.jpg

Bad_Caps.jpg

bad_cap.jpg

If the above doesn't fix your problem, and you see no visible damage, you can try "reflowing" it. I've had mixed success doing this.

#9 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,116 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:22 AM

Laptop dissasembly is 85% organisation and 15% puzzel. I Use divided hobby boxes numbered 1-16 (Ice cube trays work as well) and a corresponding screw sheet with quantities and detiailed location for any laptop I haven't dissasembled before. You will be surprised how many screws there are (several will be the same size a few will be a tiny bit smaller). Reassembly usually takes a quarter of the dissasembly time (this is where organizatiom comes into play). The screws DO NOT SELF REPLICATE so any left overs means you missed one lol. Also if you have to wait for parts to arrive or the perfect auction price your notes will remind you how it goes back together. Here is a link For the service Manual

Edited by Sneakycyber, 08 October 2013 - 12:24 AM.

Chad Mockensturm 
Network Engineer
Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users