Movieland installs a number of files that allow it to keep popping up requests for payment (which you may or may not have unwittingly agreed to when clicking "run" without reading the terms of service). According to Movieland's website and MediaPipe's EULA (End User License Agreement), Movieland reserves the right to continue to charge the user even if he has uninstalled the software. MediaPipe requires the user to visit a website to cancel the "trial obligation." See here
You should not remove the MoviePass software before you call to cancel the account they have open for you. If you have the MoviePass pop-ups, most likely they have an account for you, and somehow got billing information. They will require a number from their software to deactivate your account. Removing the Moviepass TV software will NOT stop them from charging you.
The phone number that has been given to cancel is: In the USA (866) 431-7720 or 001 866 431-7720 from outside the US. This may not be reliable, so you are doing this at your own risk. Alternatively, The Moviepass Terms of Service state "You can cancel your MoviePass™ Membership at any time by going through the Customer Service page located here
If you are sure that this company has no contact or billing information for you, and that someone in your household did not give them this information, go ahead and remove the software.Download Ewido Anti-Malware v3.5
1. After download, double click on the file to launch the install process.
2. During installation, under "Additional Options
"Install background guard
" and "Install scan via context menu
3. Launch ewido by double-clicking the "e" icon
on your desktop.
4. The program will prompt you to update - click the "OK
5. On the left side of the main screen, click on "Update
" and then click "Start Update
". The update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed.
6. When done, you will see "Update Successful
" in the lower left corner. If you are having problems with the updater, manually update with the Ewido Full database installer
7. Exit Ewido when done - DO NOT perform a scan yet.Reboot your computer in "SAFE MODE" using the F8
method so Windows will start with minimal drivers and running processes. To do this restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup [but before the Windows icon appears] press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Scan with Ewido as follows:
1. Click on "Scanner
" and choose "Settings
2. Under the bottom section "What to Scan?" make sure "Scan every file
" is selected.
3. Select "OK
" and you will return to scanning options.
4. On the main screen click on "Complete System Scan
" to start the scan.
5. While the scan is in progress, you will be prompted to clean the first infected file if finds. Put a check next to "Perform action on all infections
" in the lower left corner.
6. Then choose "Clean
" and click "OK
7. When the scan has completed, Ewido will create a report.txt file.
8. Click the "Save Report
" button on the bottom of the screen and save the log to your desktop.
9. Exit Ewido when done.
Go to Start > Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs
and remove any of the following:P2Pnetworks
Notify (there may also be numbers as part of the filename)
Reboot normally and DELETE the following folder(s) IF STILL PRESENT
. Use Windows Explorer to navigate to Program files. When found right-click the folder and choose delete
. Movieland or Moviepass
My Access Media
License ManagerUpdate and scan with Ad-Aware