Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Most Memorable Moment

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Heretic Monkey

Heretic Monkey

• Members
  • 1,122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 27 April 2006 - 03:06 PM

So, what's the most memorable moment in your gaming life? I'd like to keep these posts to 1 story to avoid multiple moments, so PICK YOUR FAVORITE ONE.

My most significant/awesome moment in gaming had to be watching the end cut-scene for MGS3 (Metal Gear Solid 3), where Big Boss is given his title, and the entire back story to The Boss is given. Those that have beaten the game know what i talk about. You spend the game learning the entire back-story of the war, the personal experiences of Snake, Eva, The Boss, and The Sorrow, and all the experiences lead up to that moment. I actually shed a tear (i'm not afraid to admit it) from the narrator describing The Boss........ pure - gaming - bliss.

Edited by Heretic Monkey, 27 April 2006 - 03:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 conk

conk

• Members
  • 295 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 27 April 2006 - 03:30 PM

hmmm mine would have to be when i played eve online and a huge group of us attacked one massive ship we won abviously but it took us like 20 minutes to kill it.

oh yeah my bro says his was winning everything for 8 years straight on lma manager 2004 all games cups etc, oh and he was aston villa :thumbsup: (for those who dont know aston villa are a football team in the uk that are well lets just say their bottom of the league)

oh and heritic monkey your right the end of mgs3 is gaming history.
If the universe is ever expanding, what are we expanding into?

#3 Wizdabest

Wizdabest

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2006 - 08:56 PM

To add on to the Metal Gear Solid 3 thing, its a good experience not only with MGS3, but with all MGS games (exept the stupid Twin Snakes remake.. ugh I hate it). The music and acting are like watching a movie.

I don't think I have a single most memorable memory, but its usually beating good games with meaningful endings. (Beating a Metal Gear Solid game or a Final Fantasy game for instance).

But its also like getting 100+ kills in Counter-Strike and only having 30 or less deaths (I usually end up with a 4/1 ratio when I get 100 kills). A good battle is awsome too. In Medieval: Total War, I did a quick battle which pits you as a middle-eastern faction against the French in a dessert setting. You have all mounted units (some melee, archer, and camel). Your forces are tiny compared to the French who's line is huge (they have 1000+ soldiers). The only stragetic peice of land you have is a pond between you and the French. Let me tell you, it was amazing with those odds to win.

#4 locally pwned

locally pwned

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:47 PM

Wow, gaming memories. Where to start??

How about a game of Total Annihilation from long ago...

It was an island map...high rocky peaks with nothing but clouds between them...so there was nothing but air battles in between. Most everyone focused on plane construction and anti-air stuctures. I was able to sneak 9 Goliath heavy tanks via transport planes onto an unprotected corner of an enemy's island; all he had was air defense so I wiped him out in short order. Just before his last structures were destroyed, he typed, "Goliaths?!? That is just diabolical!"

:thumbsup: :flowers:

Let's see...other moments. Though I can't say I have ever been 4-1 in CS or CS:S, I do remember specific rounds from the action over the years; taking down a whole team yourself, killing awpers with the scout (a personal goal I have in every game), killing 2 guys with a single scout shot, multiple nade kills, ect ect.

I never tire of the strange and wacky antics provided by the physics engine of Source...

Good memories of Red Alert 2...always was fun when 3 or 4 players would be fully built up with all the resources used...waiting to see who would strike first, knowing that who ever did would probably be damaged too much to win the game.

Half-Life 1 DM...one word: crowbar!

UT, on low grav maps, such as Morpheus...nothing more fun than forcing other players to keep out of the open and hidden under the towers...

How about co-op mode in Serious Sam…at a 25 person lan!

And of course, who could forget hours and hours spent flying a Tie Interceptor on Xwing vs Tie fighter?

Edited by locally pwned, 27 April 2006 - 11:50 PM.

"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

#5 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2006 - 12:39 AM

Beating Super Mario Bros. nothing ever tops that frist gaming high.

Posted Image

#6 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 03 May 2006 - 12:33 PM

I can remember when I was about 5 or 6 and watching in amazement, just simply stupified, as I watched my mother "flip" the score on Space Invaders, over and over again. No wonder I could never win a game when I played against her. She was a pro. Of course, now she gets motion sickness from watching the modern 3D games of today! LOL!!! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#7 Twistshifter2

Twistshifter2

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 11 May 2006 - 01:21 PM

hmmm thats a hard one... but mine would be the wolfenstien/doom sagas
nothing beats the 2d/3d gaming... 3d worlds with 2d enemys
i still play the old doom 1 and doom 2 and i practically think no one can touch me in multiplayer.
OWNAGE is my MIDDLE NAME LOL :thumbsup:
What It Do!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users