Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My wife has a Standard User Account and she can open Canon MP Navigator, however

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 whinds01

whinds01

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

My wife has a Standard User Account and she can open Canon MP Navigator, however I cannot open the same program when logged in as an Administrator.  I created a new Admin account and can open the program when logged into the new admin account.  Why can I not open the program from my old admin account?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

What error messages are you receiving when trying to open the program under your other account?

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#3 whinds01

whinds01
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

No error message.  When I click on the program, the little wheel starts to spin then quits and the program doesn't open.  When logged into my wife's account, it opens fine.  Something in my profile perhaps?

#4 chrisd87

chrisd87

• Members
  • 811 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 PM

Posted 01 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

Have you tried Right Mouse clicking the .exe and choosing "Run as Administrator" ?

"Like car accidents, most hardware problems are due to driver ɹoɹɹǝ."

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

Damaged profile, I'd say.  2 out of 3 have no problem, 1 does.

Fix a corrupted user profile, Win 7 - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users