Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freeze Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dardone

dardone

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 AM

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508054/strange-temporary-freeze-after-waking-computer/page-0 - Hamluis.

I am having a simular problem. I have a multiboot system. I am having similar sleep mode problems with each OS, also with each user account. I thought I fixed it by updating my video card driver. It did work temporarily.  I think the problem is with the video or PCI Express power saving system. The basic problem is the computer does not fully go to sleep, fans still running with no video output monitor light is orange. When I click the mouse or press key on the keyboard the computer wakes with no video  Hard Drive show's activity, some times I have sound and monitor light turns blue. Monitor lightens up a bit, but wont wake fully. Win 7 was wakeing by pressing control alt delete and signing back in or using the taskmanager. I also believe Mobo my be the culprit It has many different settings ( Asrock 990 fx extreme 3 ).

I have set power profiles to default. I unplugged the monitor waited ten seconds and plugged it back in, I then had a mouse cursor and some of my gadgets. I also have 2 monitors and both reacted the same. It looked like it was in some low power state.

Having a multi boot system makes trouble shooting tough. It also makes  many other problems and errors. I just still love XP and cant give up win 7 yet. There really was no reason for a new windows OS other than greed but thats another issue. I was testing out VMWare a while ago, I think that is the way to go if I cant get rid of XP yet.

​  Any idea's would be greatly appreciated

Thank You 

Edited by hamluis, 01 October 2013 - 12:59 PM.
PM sent new OP - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Windont

Windont

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 10 November 2013 - 02:37 AM

I wondered what happened to the reply I thought you posted on my thread. So.. long story made short: I'm having a similar problem with my ASUS motherboard probably because of my motherboard's BIOS. I don't know why. Unfortunately trying different BIOSes until you find one that works OK may be risky. Interestingly ASRock and ASUS have some shared history. I'm wondering if your motherboard has an AMI BIOS and Winbond BIOS chip like my motherboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users