Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Local disk drives icons are missing from my computer window in windows 8

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 aneeshvallangathara

aneeshvallangathara

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:14 PM

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

Don’t know what happen to my windows 8 operating system as it is not displaying my local hard disk drives in my computer window, i am only able to see only local disk C ! please help me to solve this problem.....thanks..... Any help!!

Edited by aneeshvallangathara, 01 October 2013 - 09:44 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

Post a Screen Shot of My Computer, and also of Disk Management in Computer management, which is under Administrative tools.  You need to do all of this through the desktop, not through Metro.  Also what third party "Internet Security" software are you running?

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

The C: drive usually contains the operating system.

There is an alternative to making a screen shot, use the Snipping Tool.

Please use the Snipping Tool to copy the image.

Go to Search and type in Snipping Tool.  It will show in the pane to the left, click on it.  

After you have the image you will want to go to File and click on Save As, Pictures will open with this image, when it opens give it a name and click on save .

Using the Snipping Tool to copy an image. 

You can find this tool in Accessories under All Programs.  To use this have the image you want to copy on the desktop, click on Snipping Tool.  A small white cross (+) will appear on the screen, move this to the lower left corner of the image you want to copy, press and hold the mouse and slowly move it to the right and upwards.  You will see a red rectangle form around the image, when you have the image isolated that you want, release the mouse.  After you have the image you will go to File and click on Save As, Pictures will open with this image, when it opens give it a name then click on Save.    

You can post this image in your next post.  Just below the area where you write text in a post there is the Post button, to the right of this is More Reply Options

Post2_zpsf05c0430.png

When you click on More Relpy Options  you will see Attach Files and Browse, click on Browse, this will open Pictures on your computer, click on the image you made with the Snipping Tool, then click on Attach This File, then Add Reply.

BCreply1_zpsc36d42fc.png

Edited by dc3, 02 October 2013 - 10:12 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 tanjeem1992

tanjeem1992

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:44 AM

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:47 AM

I have the same problem. recovered drive d by deleting the partition and make the volume again. I have deleted drive d as there is not so important files in it but I don't want to lose files in others drives. Plz help.

Attached Files

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,365 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2014 - 08:41 AM

You need to start your own topic in order to get help.  This topic is six months old and the likelihood that another member is going to read this is not going to be good.  The only reason I saw this is because I had posted in this topic which means that when someone else posts in it I receive an e-mail letting me know. 

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users