Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freedom Towers Nyc.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 snyper

snyper

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:28 PM

I have just heard that the work has began on the freedon tower, and i for one am delighted on the choice.

I had heard at the start that they tought of turning it into a park , but i am so thrilled that when built that it will be the tallest building in the US, as reported.

To me this sends out a clear message to enemies of the great United States and sticks up a big finger to Bin Laden and company while respectfully rembering the innocent people of ALL nations and Creeds that perished on that day.

Well done America

God bless.

Brian

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Matt169

Matt169

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:41 PM

good to hear it too but couldnt it have come a little earlier?

#3 snyper

snyper
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:46 PM

Which? My post? or the start date?

If its the start date, i dont think so...did u ever deal with any planning authority. it takes ages to ever get permission to build an outhouse letalone decide this...there are alot of issues to consider, what was fitting, design, planning...

#4 Matt169

Matt169

• Members
  • 170 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:56 PM

Which? My post? or the start date?

If its the start date, i dont think so...did u ever deal with any planning authority. it takes ages to ever get permission to build an outhouse letalone decide this...there are alot of issues to consider, what was fitting, design, planning...

start date

ok i didnt say late was better than not at all

#5 snyper

snyper
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 28 April 2006 - 06:13 AM

ok i didnt say late was better than not at all

Sure, Agreed.
Its just a big decision to make and one that is not to be taken lightly. So it takes time.

#6 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:28 PM

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:30 AM

I like Trump's plan (that has been rejected) to rebuild the World Trade Center in the same style, only one story taller. They also were going to build it differently structurally. That makes the most sense to me.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#7 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 01 May 2006 - 08:13 AM

New Yorkers will note that the Empire State Building is celebrating its 75th anniversary the same week that construction started on the new tower.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#8 snyper

snyper
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 513 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2006 - 11:45 AM

I like Trump's plan (that has been rejected) to rebuild the World Trade Center in the same style, only one story taller. They also were going to build it differently structurally. That makes the most sense to me.

I actually didnt know that myself, yea nice idea too...maybe it might bring bck too many "memories" for the people of NYC...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users