Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tracking device

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sam_whiskey

sam_whiskey

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

Hey guys, I am going to buy a asus gaming laptop G750 for my college kid, my question is it possable to put some kind of tracking device on it in case it gets stolen, given his pass history from high school with losing thing i am concern iam also aware of locking device for laptop..anything would help thanks guys..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:34 PM

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

Hi, Maybe LoJack for Laptops® ??

http://www.lojack.com/Laptops

LoJack for Laptops features remote data and device security to prevent use of a lost laptop, protect privacy remotely, and map a laptop’s location. The service includes a dedicated theft recovery team that works with local law enforcement to track a stolen laptop.

Absolute Software has recovered over 26,000 laptops to date. To learn more, visit lojackforlaptops.com.

Some laptops even have it built in, Check the specifications on the one You are interested in buying.

I will mention I have never used it, So do Your research to see if it meets your needs.

Good Luck

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 01 October 2013 - 04:24 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users