Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not getting Printer Notifications :(

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 David Ashcroft

David Ashcroft

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:22 AM

We used to get printer notifications in the corner (Document has been sent to the printer)

I deleted the printer by accident and had to readd and configure it, it is installed on a server and all of the client computers look to the server to print. 

I have tried going to client computers and clicking on the printers and clicking "print server properties" and the "show notification for network printers" is ticked, but there is still nothing showing, anyone know how to get this feature back??

Thanks!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Purelaise

Purelaise

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

Hi There,

What OS are you using?

Kind Regards

#3 David Ashcroft

David Ashcroft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

Sorry, should have been more specific.

The clients are all running windows 7, the server is Windows Server 2008R2.

I needed to install the printer to a new computer and it wouldnt let me, i basically got annoyed and deleted the printer off the server, redownlaoded the drivers from the HP website (HP 2605dn printer) and it worked. 

Now everything is working again except the popup in the corner to say what is printing, it was HP's own notification because it displayed ink statuses etc.

#4 Purelaise

Purelaise

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

Ah ok,

I pressume you are talking about the notifcation that appears at the bottom right of the taskbar where say for instance your antivirus is etc?

Right click on the bottom right corner over the clock is fine and click "Customize notification icons"

Fom the list look for the HP software/Printer corresponding service and choose its behaviour.

Let me know if this helps.

#5 David Ashcroft

David Ashcroft
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 169 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

Thanks for the advice, i installed the Windows Server version to the server like a normal printer, so i assume when the clients were finding the drivers from the server it was also installing the server version, which doesnt include the printer popup thing.

I added the Windows 7 Drivers to the server and now it seems to work, simple fix, stupid problem :')

Thanks for the advice!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users