Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Touchpad buttons problem on Dell M5030 Laptop

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 scorofitz

scorofitz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 PM

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

the buttons on the touchpad in my laptop del m5030 not working

i format the disk and install the clean windows 7 premium english

from the original cd i install the drivers incuded the driver for touchpad

but is still not working

some one help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

Try uninstalling the Alps touchpad driver in the Device Manager and reinstall it again.  

You can find a version released on 06/08/2010 here.

1)  Open the Start menu and type devmgmt.msc in the Search programs and files box.

2)  Programs will appear above the search box with devmgmt listed below it, click on this.

3)  In the Device Manager scroll down to Mice and other pointing devices and click on the diamond to the left of it to expand the list of devices.

4)  Double click on the Alps touchpad.

5)  Click on the Driver tab, then click on Uninstall, then click on OK.

6)  Reinstall the touchpad driver.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

Touchpads on most laptops and Netbooks are known to not respond properly, regardless of the driver software.  I would use an external wireless mouse, if the laptop is going to be used in one place, or even if they take it elsewhere, it can be used on the go.  I use a Logitech M525 mouse with my Toshiba Laptop, and before that with the Acer Netbook I had.

1) Was due to arthritis in my hand made it hard to use the touchpad for a long period, and 2) The touchpad on the Acer was so nonresponsive, that you could not get it to sense that you were actually touching the surface where the sensors for it were located.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users