Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer goes full retard!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 slicks

slicks

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 AM

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

Hello! I have a extremely annoying problem with my computer. Whenever i try to play a game, after a few minutes, my monitor goes black, like it has no signal and my fans turns up to 100% speed and it makes those annoying bleeping sounds. I have tried to count the bleeps and check with the list for the sounds or what it is called, but the bleeping never ends, and they have different "tones". This only happens when im playing games, i can use my computer for everything else, and the same thing doesn't happen.

I think I've tried everything, except buying new hardware. I have cleaned my rig, reset CMOS, changed RAM sticks, etc.. re-installed everything and the problem is still there. After i cleaned my rig, I played 5 competitive cs:go matches and like 3 LoL matches, so I thought it was fixed, until it happened again..

Before i cleaned my computer, the CPU were 75 degrees Celsius idle, so I thought the CPU overheating was the problem, but now, after cleaning it, its 40 degrees Celsius while playing, and the problem still happens. I have read so many forum posts about this problem, and I have not stumbled over any fix yet, so now I'm desperate. I have tried to explain the problem as good as I can, and I'll try to fill out your questions.

Specs:

Corsair HX 850W PSU
AMD Phenom II x6 1100T Black Edition
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3, Socket-AM3+
Crucial DDR3 1333MHz 8GB KIT, CL9
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 4GB PhysX CUDA (3 weeks old)
Windows 7 ultimate 64bit

The setup is 3 years old, except for the GPU.

And another problem, I cant get over 20 fps in ARMA games, which seems weird considering my setup should be able to run it more than fine. I have also tried almost everything there too, but if you also would have a solution for that, it would be amazing!

-Alex

And I have no idea if this is the right place to post this, so please move it if its wrong, thank you :)

Edited by slicks, 30 September 2013 - 07:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Dacar92

Dacar92

• Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

It sure sounds like the GPU is bad or perhaps nearly bad.  Did this happen soon after you installed the new one?  I have purchased a new GPU in the past and I had to return it. Got the black screens same as you.  It happens and maybe give it a try.  Get a new one and see what happens.

What's the point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes? -- The Doctor

#3 Quantum41

Quantum41

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:50 AM

Have you tried any overclocking? or anything messing with its factory settings?

My Blog www.theanyblog.com

Operating SystemMicrosoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit CPUIntel Core i7 3820 Sandy Bridge-E 32nm Technology RAM16.0 GB Single-Channel DDR3 
MotherboardSABERTOOTH X79 (LGA2011) GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users