Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

OS update on iPad

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 AM

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:21 AM

Okay last week I got myself a Mac Air laptop and an iPad. Yesterday I updated the OS on the iPad from 6 to 7 after being advised to do so. Now I can no longer play music online via You Tube on the iPad but have no problems doing so on the Mac Air. It now seems to me I have to purchase and download You Tube from Apple? Is this correct and if so I will not be a happy chappie...???

Any thoughts with this would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 R0D3R1CK

R0D3R1CK

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

Hi center!

Are you accessing YouTube via you iPad's browser (Safari, by default)? If so, you should certainly still be able to do so.

If you're trying to keep a YouTube video running while you go to a different app, then you're out of luck, regardless of whether you're accessing YouTube via a browser or the official YouYube app.

And speaking of the YouTube app, it can be downloaded for free on the iOS App Store (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/youtube/id544007664?mt=8 ...if you tap on that link while using your ipad, you'll be taken directly to the YouTube app page on the App Store)

-r0d3r1ck

#3 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:55 AM

Thanks a million for your reply Rod3r1ck (hope I got that right) I use Safari but then have Google.com.au as my home page. I am on my Windows laptop at the moment as I am still finding it hard to get used to Apple after years of Microsoft. But I will get there in the end hopefully. So later on I will fire my iPad up and click on the link you have given me and see how I go. What is actually happening for example I type in a song I like such as a Johnny Cash song or whatever then up it comes from the You Tube site but when I click on the link to watch & listen as I did before the OS upgrade no go all I get is a link from Apple to download You Tube and I then have to log into my Apple account and pay to down load the You Tube appliance? Much appreciated for your help.

#4 Beel

Beel
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:09 AM

You are the Whiz kid logged onto the link you gave me and I am in business. It all gets a bit too much for old boys like me at times. Thanks a million for you help... :thumbup2:

#5 R0D3R1CK

R0D3R1CK

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

I completely understand how it can be difficult to get accustomed to Apple after years of Microsoft...and I'm glad I could help! :thumbsup: 

Also, Apple just released a new update a few days ago: iOS 7.0.2
It's always best to have the latest releases, so make sure you update your device if you haven't already (I just updated my iPad mini last night)

P.S. It's always a good idea to backup your device before you update. Connecting your iPad to your computer and syncing it with iTunes will (typically) automatically create a backup. If not, there's a reasonably prominent button for making one. Or you can use iCloud to backup your data, if you have it configured to do so.

Edited by R0D3R1CK, 29 September 2013 - 01:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users