Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Not To Sure..

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rolling2live

rolling2live

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 27 April 2006 - 11:24 AM

Ok, recently i bought 1 gig of RAM and after i installed it and started my CPU i got this message at the boot-up screen: CMOS checksum error - Defaults Loaded
Warning! CPU has been changed, or CPU ratio changed fail.
Please Re-enter CPU settings in the CMOS setup and remember to Save before quit.

thats all it said, so i went into setup and reset the date/time. after that i saved and restarted, it booted up just fine. so am i ok now? or is something still wrong with my system?

any help would be great. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bscr

bscr

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 PM

Posted 27 April 2006 - 12:19 PM

No, you're computer should be fine. I 've had this happen a few times myself, and it nevermessed up my system.

Just keeping an eye on it can't hurt though:)

bscr

#3 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 27 April 2006 - 12:25 PM

You don't say in your post, but I am guessing that 1 GB of RAM is more than you had before? If so I think the BIOS is just telling you that it detected a change in your system.

You could always go to:

Start > right click on My Computer > Properties

and see how much RAM is recognized by Windows. It should be close to 1 GB but may not be exact, as Windows counts RAM differently than RAM manufacturers do. If it is some different number then go into the BIOS and see if all the RAM is recognized. If it is not, we must then figure out why not.
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#4 rolling2live

rolling2live
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 PM

Posted 27 April 2006 - 12:34 PM

ok thanks. yeah i think i have it all figured out.

i had 512 to start out, then i had to take that out becuase its teh only slot.. i added the 1 gig and it is working correctly now.

#5 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 PM

Posted 27 April 2006 - 12:35 PM

Good deal!
ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users