Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows configuring ms office appears at evey start up for a particular user

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jraju1954

jraju1954

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:32 AM

I am having the problem  for a particular user. For other users there are no problems. It is always configuring continuing for almost 5 to minutes. There is no updates pending or updates enabled.

I stopped the updates for it gives some problem in accessing the files or its tabs.

Even this user could use all the features, but this annoying feature is always there. Windows installer starts configuring ms office. All sorts of tricks by microsoft on this regard have been tried but not solved.  i deleted the user account and copied  the old files to the new user, this problem stops but the software i downloaded free from GOTD becomes trial versions, as most of them were user specific

Can i stop ose.exe service. office source engine? Will it solve the problems. Pl advise to rid of this problem . experts ideas are always there in this site..

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 PM

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:07 AM

Possible file corruption in Office...have you tried uninstalling it, reinstalling it?

Louis

#3 jraju1954

jraju1954
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

Hi, Hamluis, I have tried all tricks and as a last resort only resorted to user ac deletion. I did system restore to get back my user account deleted and with it the free GOTD which became trial. I know that there is a problem in configuring ms office, but the installation face no problem.

At start up, it  is trying to configure something which does not exist. How to fix it. Deletion of user ac did solve the problem, but i have to loose the full version of GOTD, which is vey essential to me. Even when i receive your reply i am surfing the net for any solution. I also wish to state  that i have disabled all the ms office updates as basic itself is enough for every users, so, i think. The problem is only for this user. Where i could find the log of the problem. Which files should i delete to stop this annoying configuring menace. Thank you for your help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users