Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer slows down after being on a few hours.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sporkingotn

sporkingotn

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:05 AM

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 9/28/2013, 14:49:23
       Machine name: ANDREW-PC
   Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
       System Model: FQ563AA-ABA a6750f
               BIOS: )Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
          Processor: AMD Phenom™ 9650 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
             Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8184MB RAM
          Page File: 2004MB used, 14361MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 32bit Unicode
Gfx: Nvidia GeForce gtx 560

Just this week my computer has started to slow down and lag after playing games/browsing the internet for a few hours.
Specifically I have been playing Counter Strike GO alot. I have my settings to show my fps and it run 90-120 FPS when
its normal but after a few hours it drops to 40-60 fps the Sounds get static alot and screen stutters. Even youtube videos
will start to become choppy so its not just this game, its my computer. 

• My internet is 55 MBs down and 16 Mbs Up. This is not an internet related issue.

• My first thought is the computer is over heating but there are zero signs of this.

• The computer is over 4 years old. most parts still original.

• I plan on buying a new mobo/cpu/ram and reformating as an upgrade regardless of this issue.

• Will my upgrade fix my problem hopefully? I will still have the same PSU, Video card, disk drive and hard drive.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• -Scanned with Malwarebytes anti malware. was clean -Got Core Temp and my CPU never goes over 60 Celsius (my cpu max is 115)
  • The Gfx Card Temps stay 50-70 Celsius (max 99) -This computer was reformatted this year.
  • I am very aware of programs running on my computer and keep it to a minimum. I don't keep anything open that i dont need.
  • I have checked my Task Mgr and nothing is eating away my processor power when im lagging bad.
  • I have Updated my Gfx card drivers today.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Netghost56

Netghost56

• Members
  • 973 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:30 AM

First off- did you set the page file yourself? Why is it set to 14Gb when you have 8Gb RAM??

How full is your HDD? You should have a 750Gb drive.

Secondly- The specs for that system show a 300W PSU. That is really below the minimum for any system that is doing more than basic office work (No video playing, music, especially games).

As your computer is 5 years old (EDIT: released 11/08) I would save a little more money and just get a new system altogether.

Edited by Netghost56, 30 September 2013 - 09:31 AM.

#3 myopinion

myopinion

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

First off- did you set the page file yourself? Why is it set to 14Gb when you have 8Gb RAM??

Secondly- The specs for that system show a 300W PSU. That is really below the minimum for any system that is doing more than basic office work (No video playing, music, especially games).

As your computer is 5 years old (EDIT: released 11/08) I would save a little more money and just get a new system altogether.

All good points and observations by Netghost56. Your graphics card requires a maximum of 150Ws and your 300W rated PSU is probably not really capable of a true 300W output so I think you've really been lucky until now. Also, your symptoms really sound like they are really GPU related and a marginal PSU could be the cause. Other considerations:

How much free space is available on your hard drive?

How much free RAM is actually available when your system slows down? 

#4 sporkingotn

sporkingotn
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

I just got those computer settings from something I ran in the "run" menu.

I have a 580W power supply.

I have an extra 500 Gb hard drive

don't know anything about page file but i never touched it. 

#5 myopinion

myopinion

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

The 580w power supply was not specifically identified so I think we were fooled by trying to determine the rating from your make/model number. Anyway, th extra hard drive means nothing here so what is the capacity of your system drive and how much free space is available on the system partition? Also, I asked about the available RAM under load.

Edited by myopinion, 30 September 2013 - 10:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users