Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Drivers

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Gab99

Gab99

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:07 AM

HI there!

I guess im going to start from the beginning and do a brief skim over the issues with this laptop

I bought it last august since I was starting college, everything was fine up until I left the thing on with a paused youtube video, I came back 2-3 hours later and clicked to resume the video and then my computer flickers and the screen shuts off, it recovers saying that the display drivers have crashed and rebooted, not long aftwer word the whole thing blue screens (or i guess i should say miniature blue screens since the drivers crashed)

obviously i freaked out and since nothing was lost i thought it was a one time thing, until it happened again and multiple times through out the year

naturally I've since avoided pausing and leaving youtube videos since that was the only time it occurs.

fast forward to last week, I'm drawing up some plans in AutoCAD and bam it happens again, and I lost my work. another thing that happened was that a new PC game became available and it was recommeneded I update my drivers.

seeing as It was now occuring randomly, and that it would be illogical to try an update something that needed fixing, I went to my schools tech support to uninstall, reinstall, and update my drivers.

the uninstall went normally, the screen shrunk and everything got bigger since i presumed the computer was running on whatever it could make since it no longer had the files.

unfortunately the reinstall did not go smooth, there were some error messages but everything went back to normal so the guy just said that if it crashed again then he would take another look since replicating the crash would take hours

Now I havent had a crash just yet, but i was having some performance issues with the game and i was told to upload my Dxdiag so they could see what i was missing, thats when they told me my drivers were not up to date, even though the tech guy said he installed the latest driver files

now ive been uninstalling, reinstalling, and installing things all day to try and update my drivers and nothing seems to work, currently the last things i have done was uninstall everything, install the uprgraded driver, which did not prompt me to restart my computer, so i did anyway, and when the screen didnt return to normal i reinstalled the drivers the tech guy installed (basically im back to square one)

so now that this is technically a blank slate I would very much appreciate your guys advice on what to do, instead of getting half the attention of the tech guy, hopefully more people would fix my issue.

my little opinion is that I think that since im getting errors when there's nothing there, either the program downloaded wrong/ I messed it up, or theres a bigger issue with the graphics card itself

i am going to attach the error messages I get when reinstalling my current driver files

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gab99

Gab99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:19 AM

sorry the quality couldnt be better I had to quickly photoshop the last few warnings together due to the file size limits

Attached Files

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,272 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:02 AM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

List last 10 Event Viewer log

List Installed Programs

List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

The Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 redistributable failed.  You can download it here.

Edited by dc3, 29 September 2013 - 12:16 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 Gab99

Gab99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:13 PM

It said that there was a newer version of the redistributable on the computer so it failed to install, im doing the toolbox now

#6 Gab99

Gab99
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

this is the toolbox result, ill edit in the speccy link once that has finished

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/uMewoN7usWwdETYJbftspqp

Attached Files

Edited by Gab99, 29 September 2013 - 02:25 PM.

#7 Adam Pollard

Adam Pollard

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 29 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

The problem is with Microsoft visual c++, which the driver needs to install. Try removing all versions of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010, then try again. If that doesn't work, try running the system file checker from a command prompt. Type sfc /scannow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users