Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

win7 printer problems

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 donar

donar

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:26 AM

hi , i could use some advice please, i cannot download the software for my 2 brother printers i use in my win7 x 64 bit acer laptop. i had these 2 printers working fine until about 6 weeks ago, they just disappeared. i have the disc for one of the printers ( an HL-2140 laser printer ) i also have another HL-2140 and neither of the discs will do anything , they  just spin in the drive, the second machine  i have that used to work fine in this laptop is an MFC 424CN.

downloading direct from the brother web site does not work, i eventually get a message , something like "invalid arguments ".

i run the following in the computer, key scrambler , wise365 reg cleaner  ( i have been using this for about 2 years ) , and a free version of comodo anti virus , i used to run a paid for version of vipre anti virus but deleted it to try comodo, i have also run malwarebytes and hitman - pro through it , in every instance i deleted the installed software before i tried another one.

i do not know if i have a virus or not, the second HL-2140 laser printer is running fine in my XP pro desktop , and the 2 printers i am having trouble with run fine in my  toshiba xp home laptop, any help would be appreciated , thank you donar 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jraju1954

jraju1954

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:28 AM

If your os is the window 7 operating system, just go to the control panel, in the category view, select hard ware devices and select trouble shooting. Have the internet connection. The system will try to fix the problem from the latest updates of its software drivers and your problem would be solved after windows fix your problem. If the problem is not fixed, it will show the error message, to show that it does not have the required drivers for the printers in the said system.If the drivers had been accidentally deleted, then windows will update all the drivers, when you reboot. win 7 supplies all the drivers automatically. Hope that your problem goes away

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:24 AM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:

List last 10 Event Viewer log

List Installed Programs

List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

#4 jraju1954

jraju1954

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

Hi, Hamluis ,

Can i send reply to queries made by the other forum members, as i am a new bie to this site. Pl advise.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:32 AM

If you mean...can you reply to the topic...the answer is yes :).

I know that some forums operate differently...but this forum is open to the public...and any suggestions that may assist in solving a problem...are welcome.

Louis

#6 jraju1954

jraju1954

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

Thank you Sir,

#7 donar

donar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:00 AM

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:41 AM

hi i started this post a few days ago,  i have not replied because i have been in hospital for 5 days, thanks to all of those who offered help , i have managed to fix the problem myself and both printers are now working fine, it was a ' print spooler ' problem , somehow it had switched from automatic to manual, regards and thanks again, donar

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:53 AM

Glad you resolved it, thanks for letting us know.

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users