Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MSR (reserved)?????

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 retnaut

retnaut

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

I suppose it is pointless if you do not believe what I am saying.  If there is a way for me to prove what I am saying is the truth or prove me wrong please let me know. Thanks for your time. 

No problem. However, Windows 7 in MBR partition layout will create a boot partition and a OS/Data partition.  The boot partition in Windows 7 is labeled System. This is where all your binaries/data is located for booting. 

In a Windows 7 system in GPT layout (which you will not use if you use your own Windows 7 disc most likely), it will have a Boot partition, OS/Data partition, and a MSR Reserved partition. MSR reserved is where the partition layout configuration and data is located.

Every partition except the OS/Data partition, C:, is hidden... or is suppose to be.

If you come from a linux background like I do, you'll understand why there are separate partitions for an entire OS.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users