Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2 PUPs Uplayermediaplayer, DomalQ-AK

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hermesx

Hermesx

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

Just wondering about these 2 PUPs that avast! seemed to pick up. Uplayer seems safe by checking google but as to this DomalQ-AK I have no idea about.

Will try scanning with MBAM also and will see what I get. If you have any information on either of these I'd love it if you could help! :)

Thanks,

Hermesx :hello:

Edit: Follow the file path of where they were found, turns out that they were downloaded last night with the file for domalQ being just called "Setup". This seems a lot more fishy now. Also, MBAM has flagged it as "PUP.Optional.BundleInstaller". My question is how could I have possibly gotten this?

Edit: It seems that both of the setup files for both of the PUPs were downloaded at the exact same time last night, so I now suspect both. Also, I've looked in my programs list and I can't find either of these programs. They are also not running as processes in task manager (unless disguised).

Edit: Have rid myself of the files and now doing scans with superantispyware, avast, mbam, tdsskiller and ccleaner. I know, I'm paranoid. :blush:

Edited by Hermesx, 29 September 2013 - 04:22 PM.

I appreciate all the help that anyone ever provides me with. Thank you to everyone that has assisted me in the past. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Adam Pollard

Adam Pollard

• Members
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:07 PM

Given that Ask toolbar is often listed as a PUP (potentially unwanted program) I wouldn't worry too much. Or is it causing some problem other than worry?

#3 Hermesx

Hermesx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

It is causing no other problems besides being worried about it. I only find it suspicious because it was uninstalled without my consent and until now I was totally oblivious to having it. There is no visual toolbar on chrome at all also! Weird yeah?

I appreciate all the help that anyone ever provides me with. Thank you to everyone that has assisted me in the past. :)

#4 Hermesx

Hermesx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Bump (I apologize if too soon)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users