Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 32 bit on a HP Mini 210-20401a

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 RHP1775

RHP1775

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

Windows is not working correctly. I get a lot of errors when trying to open explorer.exe and system resotre fails 10 minutes unto it. I've tried boot disc Dr. Web and memtest come out good. Control panel does not work. Most thing work in SMWN but system restore won't work in that mode. Don't know the name of the service to start it either. I just want to go back to factory restore. Can some one tell me if it can be done through CMD or how I can do it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,870 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:06 PM

See Backup & Recovery at http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02241565.pdf .

Louis

#3 Adam Pollard

Adam Pollard

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

Go into safe mode and start a command prompt. Run sfc/scannow. This might help (assuming you dont have malware)

#4 RHP1775

RHP1775
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

Useless, but thanks. I tried all that before but OS is too damaged. I dled a windows 7 32 bit repir disc and after several attempts got it to boot normally. Running Combofix...

Yes alread did that and chkdsk All normal

Also tried system restore and recovery nothing. kept getting error 0x0000022

Edited by RHP1775, 28 September 2013 - 04:35 PM.

#5 RHP1775

RHP1775
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

Combofix file

Mod Edit:  Removed ComboFix attachment, not allowed/used in this forum - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 30 September 2013 - 12:17 PM.

#6 Adam Pollard

Adam Pollard

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

If you want to do a clean install, and have a valid product key, you need a Windows 7 installation disk. Sadly, these are often tied to the manufacturer. There is usually a recovery partition which can be accessed by pressing a certain key eg F11 on startup. Perhaps try googling "system recovery for {whatever your machine is} - no curly brackets in search :-) will give you right key combo. Otherwise contact your system manufacturer for a DVD

Edited by Adam Pollard, 28 September 2013 - 05:42 PM.

#7 RHP1775

RHP1775
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

If you want to do a clean install, and have a valid product key, you need a Windows 7 installation disk. Sadly, these are often tied to the manufacturer. There is usually a recovery partition which can be accessed by pressing a certain key eg F11 on startup. Perhaps try googling "system recovery for {whatever your machine is} - no curly brackets in search :-) will give you right key combo. Otherwise contact your system manufacturer for a DVD

HP mini like it says in the post no optic drive, but i am making a windows7 starter install USB. Yeah it's f11 and i already tried, failed

#8 Adam Pollard

Adam Pollard

• Members
  • 145 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

Try this link http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/34910-Easiest-way-to-download-windows-7 to a source for a legit Win7 iso.

You can use the Windows 7 USB creator tool http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

However, be aware that your key may not work with the download, as it might be an OEM tied to the machine.

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,595 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

Try this link http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/34910-Easiest-way-to-download-windows-7 to a source for a legit Win7 iso.

You can use the Windows 7 USB creator tool http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

However, be aware that your key may not work with the download, as it might be an OEM tied to the machine.

You will need a valid Windows 7 product key to activate the installation.

There seems to be another step in using the recovery option.  This is to press the Esc key immediately after pressing the power button.  This will take you to the Start Menu, press F11 to launch the System Recovery.  Then follow the instructions.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users