Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi, I've just registered.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 caranne

caranne

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:09 AM

Hi my name is caranne and I live in the southern part of the UK not far from London.

I am a senior surfer who tries to help other senior surfers in the UK come to grips with what seems to them to be very confusing and when things go wrong (frustrating) technology.

Most of my friends want to be able to sit down at a computer and comunicate or find out something as if they are sitting in a library with pen and paper.  They are quite happy to do this but with the media now say "go to our website at www. ...  for more information", they feel they need to "log on".

Also as an Adult  Basic Education Organiser and tutor for many years I am concerned for those of any age with the Government's disregard for their needs in this area.

I learnt to use a computer with WordStar and coding in the 1980s and although I learnt a lot over the years through work placements I am in no way an expert so I look forward to joining this community and if I am stuck with anything hopefully finding the answer.

Well that's me.  Now see my first problem posting on Emailing.

Have a nice day.

Caranne

Edited by caranne, 28 September 2013 - 04:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users