Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Booting from USB on Aptio BIOS

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 harleyst

harleyst

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:36 AM

Hi everyone. I have an Asus G74S running Windows 7 64 bit

I am trying to change the boot order from Aptio Setup Utiliity BIOS but it is incredibly slim with the options. I have absolutely no idea how to change the boot order with this BIOS. Could somebody please tell me how?  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 myopinion

myopinion

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:05 PM

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

Not sure what version of Aptio you have but I have seen this issue before on an Asus Model K55A. Apparently, the option you are looking for (e.g., change boot order) may be hidden until you do the following: 

You may need to enable the Launch CSM (Compatibility Support Module). If it is set to disabled, it probably restricts the boot options to UEFI only, as in a Windows 8 secure boot. Once done (if you have that option),  on the next reboot into Aptio, all boot options will (hopefully) appear, including the optical drive and PXE.

Good luck.

#3 harleyst

harleyst
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:41 AM

Hi, thanks for the response. Aptio Setup Utility is version 2.01.1204, if that helps. I cannot find a Launch CSM module or anything similiar.

#4 myopinion

myopinion

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

So I went to the ASUS site and found your owner's manual here:

http://www.asus.com/ROG_ROG/G74SX/#support_Download_30

Next, I looked inside and found this notation referencing the boot order:

If you need to run the BIOS Setup to set or modify the system configuration, press [F2] upon bootup to enter the BIOS Setup. Press [ESC] and you will be presented with a boot menu with selections to boot from your available drives.

There are also BIOS screenshots and full instructions in the owner's manual.

Good luck.

#5 harleyst

harleyst
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:44 AM

Hey, thanks alot for your help! It just never occured to me to check the site.

#6 myopinion

myopinion

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:35 AM

You are quite welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users