Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scripted diagnostics native host has stopped working

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 bubblez2000

bubblez2000

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:06 PM

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:41 AM

I keep getting this pop up message saying Sdnh has stopped working and windows will shut it down and notify me if there is a solution. They never notify me. Is this something that I should try to fix and if so, how.  I am completely in the dark as to what this is.  I would appreciate if someone could help me or answer my question on this. Thank you in advance.  bubblez2000

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 myopinion

myopinion

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

Your description of the problem is lacking in detail so it is difficult to home in on a specific issue and/or solution. However, you may want to try the following:

Open an elevated command prompt and type the following message (without quotes): "sfc /scannow"  (note the space between the C and the / is required).

This will take some time to complete; however, if system corruption or errors are reported, try running this command to fix them:

(using an elevated command prompt again without quotes):   "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth"  (note all spaces are required).

#3 bubblez2000

bubblez2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Hi,Sorry for the lack of info, I am new to all this.  No!, don't run, I'm a fast learner.  I wasn't sure what all you needed, so I took a guess.  Here goes:

Envy HP allinone, touchscreen,  running Win 8  (yuk) :smash:

intel core i3-2130 cpu, 3.40 GHZ,  3400 MHZ,  2 core

memory-  3.2/3.7  GB

Ram-4.00 GB

System type-x64-based pc

Okay, when the box pops up, no matter where I am, it says word for word,

"Scripted diagnostics nature host has stopped working".

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

It pops up every 15 minutes and I click, close program.

I'm wondering if this program is important to my computer running right?

If so, how do I fix the program? 

I just followed instructions from here, yesterday, to get rid of sweetpacks. So I did a deep scan with malwarebites

and got rid of a lot of pups and some trojans and (yay!) sweetpacks.  Also windows never finds a solution for anything.

If I have to do what you sent me, I know what command prompt  is but what is meant with elevated?

Hope to hear from you :bubbles:oops!

#4 myopinion

myopinion

• Members
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 PM

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

You need to go over to the malware section and let them help you with this issue. I was unaware that you were infected. I don't think you got it all so start a new post over there.

Good luck.

Edited by myopinion, 01 October 2013 - 09:15 PM.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:06 PM

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

I know what command prompt  is but what is meant with elevated?

To answer your question:

You can access the elevated command prompt by pressing the Windows key and the X key at the same time.

This will open the Power User Task menu.  Click on Command Prompt (Admin), this will open the elevated command prompt.  This will look similar to the image below.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

Please post the Malwarebytes log.

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-yyyy-mm-dd

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 bubblez2000

bubblez2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

I have looked all over, there is no log. I was also told to run RKILL and Adwarecleaner which I did, I only can find RKILL log.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

Who told you to run RKILL and adwarecleaner?

Did you follow the file path to find the log?

Right click on the Sart orb, choose Open Windows Explorer.

Click on Local Disk C:, then click on each of the following, ProgramData, Malwarebytes, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, Logs, mbam-log-yyyy-mm-dd (the log will have the year, month, and day)

#9 bubblez2000

bubblez2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:31 PM

There was a help page on this site, it has a lot of solutions and it had one for sweetpacks removal. So I followed the steps 1. RKILL  2. adwarecleaner   3. Malwarbytes.  When the 3rd step was done scanning, they said to deleate.  Which comes to my problem, I cannot find the logs for mbam.  The only thing I have is Rkill  text on notepad. I ran a search for the log and all.  Sorry, now what?

That box is popping up even more often now, like every 2 minutes, driving me crazy! :crazy:   I thank you so much for taking the time to help me.

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

Please download Kaspersky's TDDSKiller and follow the instructions at this website.

A log will be created, if any threats are detected go to search and type in Computer. 

Click on Computer in the box in the left portion of the pane.

Click on the C: drive and scroll down to TDSSKiller, click on it and copy and then paste the log in your next post.

#11 bubblez2000

bubblez2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:41 PM

Hi,  I ran it, no threats.

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

To run sfc /scannow in Windows 8 you will need to open the Elevated Command Prompt.  The easiest way to do this is to press the Windows key windowskey1_zps008ee3e5.png and the X key at the same time.

You will see a window similar to the one below.

elevatedcommandpromptw7_zpseba8c499.png

When the Elevated Command Prompt opens type in sfc /scannow (please note the space between sfc and /scannow), then press Enter.

If the scan finds no integrity  problems in the first portion of the scan it should stop, to be sure that the scan has stopped wait five minutes, then type in exit and press Enter to stop the scan.

If it does find integrity problems the scan will continue.  This will take a while, please have patience and allow it finish.  

Edited by dc3, 05 October 2013 - 08:53 AM.

#13 bubblez2000

bubblez2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:50 AM

Hi,

I have tried to send the CBS log 8 different times from this pc and my laptop and either firefox stops responding or it just sits here saying it's saving the post. I am ready to :smash: my computer.

Have you any suggestions as to how I'm going to get the log to you?  Sorry about this but I have really tried, I just don't know what else to do.

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

Let's do this without the log.  

Did sfc /scannow find any integrity problems in the first part of the scan?

If it did, did the scan repair the corrupted system files?

#15 bubblez2000

bubblez2000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

I have never read a log and it looks like total greek to  me.  the only thing I see that maybe what you want is a FAIL  ox80004005-E

I really don't know much about computers and less about thier logs.  Sorry, you picked a real beginner.  My firefox is really not responding now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users