Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MoneyPak Virus - Please Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Kaili0307

Kaili0307

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:59 PM

Recently my computer was infected with the MoneyPak FBI virus and I am at a complete loss of how to remove it. I have very limited knowledge in computers so please be patient with me if I don't know something!
As of now I am running Windows 7 Home Professional. The virus has made it so that I cannot access any Safe Mode besides that with Command Prompt. I've tried downloading Windows Defender onto a USB and booting into a full scan on the computer, but it failed to detect any threats. I had a friend take a look at it as well and he spent some time looking through the Command Prompts, telling me I had to completely reinstall the Operating System, but I feel like it could be fixed otherwise.
I've tried looking around the tower for more information on the computer itself (not sure if it's relevant in removing the virus) but this was all I could find:
iBuyPower i-Series 301
SN:CC89-C860-6F48-C583
As of now, the PC has no access to the internet as well. Thank you so much for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

Hello Kaili -

Is THIS VERSION the one that has infected your system, as there are several versions -

Thank You -

#3 Kaili0307

Kaili0307
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

Yes, that would be it! Thank you also for the response.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 AM

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

Please try to follow the directions included in that topic.

If you are not able to follow them, please post back with the datails as to why not

Then we can have an Expert further review the problem, and offer further advice -

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users