Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do I need to have 2 servers for remote access Server 2012

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 samlf3rd

samlf3rd

• Members
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:22 PM

Hello I am trying to setup remote access on my Server 2012. I have been told I need 2 servers to use remote access? All I want is the nice pretty little login screen for my users like the one I attached.

Can someone please help me through this nightmare installation?

remote-web-access-portal2.jpg

Sam

Edited by samlf3rd, 26 September 2013 - 04:22 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KAlliance

KAlliance

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 11:38 PM

Hi Sam,

Here's a great tutorial on the topic. Hope it helps!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXBiV3pQrLg

Tiffany

#3 stillgrey

stillgrey

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:07 PM

Your question is how to setup remote access for server 2012.  But your screen shot is from server 2012 Essentials.  You cannot get the pretty login screen on server 2012.  It is only in server 2012 Essentials.

you *can* get the pretty login screen on server 2012 R2 and/or server 2012R2 Essentials though. 

You don't need 2 servers, you just need "one" of the right ones :)

#4 the360tech

the360tech

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:32 PM

I am facing the same issue. I am setting up a single server (2012 standard) for a small company that needs remote access. 

#5 stillgrey

stillgrey

• Members
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:02 PM

I am facing the same issue. I am setting up a single server (2012 standard) for a small company that needs remote access. 

What is small?  under 25 computers/users?  50?  I would lean toward adding a second server with Server 2012 R2 Essentials.  It can join the Domain of the 2012 server and provide remote access to files and the users desktops from afar if they are not home versions.  As well as do full backup of the desktops.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users