Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clr errors after net framwork update.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Calvinder

Calvinder

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

Hello all I have recently been getting two CLR errors on start up they started a few weeks ago and the problem is intermittent. One is for my start up delayer and the other is for ccc.exe which is for my graphics card. I researched this and found out it could be a net framework problem. I uninstalled net framework and re installed the latest version 4.5 All was good for a few days until a windows update for net framework now back to the CLR errors. Both are CLR Error 8007000e.

They come up at start up and if I try to load them after.

Thank you in advance for any assistance

Calvin

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 26 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

Have you tried this? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/Windows-Update-error-80070008-or-8007000e

Also, did you uninstall all the old .NET framework editions, or just the most recent one? This error can occur if older versions of the .NET framework are still installed. Do you remember which Windows update for .NET framework was installed? Try unstalling that particular update as well.

#3 Calvinder

Calvinder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:31 PM

I did not try that. I did see it but thought it was a different problem. It talks about an update error not a clr error. I did uninstall any Net framework installations in my programs and features.

The only one there was 4.0.

#4 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,200 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:48 PM

You're problem did begin after a Windows update, so I suspect the CLR error is being caused by an update error. It can't hurt to run it.

#5 Calvinder

Calvinder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:08 PM

Just did and there is no difference. I also ran the automatic troubleshooter and no luck.

#6 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,200 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

The CLR Error 8007000e error is also associated at times with the language packs installed with the OS, particularly if there are too many installed. If you have multiple language packs installed, try removing those you know you won't use. Go to Conrol Panel>Region and Language. Click the click the Keyboards and Languages tab. Under Display language, click Install/uninstall languages, and then click Uninstall display languages. Select the unused languages in the list, and then click Next.

#7 Calvinder

Calvinder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

The only languages are Spanish (system language) and English due to me buying win 7 here in México and changing it to English. Perhaps I could uninstall  English and re install it?

#8 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,200 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

That's not necessary. The error code usually crops up only when multiple (as many as 20) language packs are installed, and the computer doesn't have enough memory to handle them all. Two isn't likely to create that error code.

You may have to repair your .NET framework installation: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

#9 Calvinder

Calvinder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

I ran net framework repair It  did find a couple of items and said it repaired them.

Problem still there. I uninstalled Net framework 4.5 when it is not installed the problem is gone. I installed 4.0 and problem back.  

#10 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,200 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

Clearly the issue is something with the .NET framework installation. But I'm not clear on what version you have. You mention both 4.5 and 4.0 in your last post. It sounds as if everything is fine if you don't have .NET framework installed at all. Is that correct?

At this point, I would recommend opening a command prompt with admin priviledges and running sfc /scannow.

#11 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,200 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

Before you run sfc /scannow, one more thing to try: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306160

#12 Calvinder

Calvinder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

I see the last suggestion says it only applies to NET framework 1.0-2.0.  If I try to run it with the newer setup file name it does not work.

"learly the issue is something with the .NET framework installation. But I'm not clear on what version you have. You mention both 4.5 and 4.0 in your last post."

I do not remember what ver I had to start with I updated to 4.5 and then uninstalled it and whet to 4.0 that is running now.

#13 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,200 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:11 PM

Sorry. I did miss that. I know you've already tried one Windows Update fix. Here's another, from the following link:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-windows_update/windowsupdate8007000d-error-for-microsoft-net/62265070-288b-4aca-b0c3-a78a2f420c51

"Windows Update error 80070008 or 8007000e can often be fixed by running the Windows Update troubleshooter, which can automatically find and fix some common problems with Windows Update. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

click start > control panel > system and security > troubleshoot common computer problem >  fix problems with windows update

• These errors can happen if your computer runs out of memory while installing an update. If the Windows Update troubleshooter didn't fix the problem, try the following:
  • Close all programs, including ones that run in the background, such as firewalls, antispyware software, web accelerators, Internet security or antivirus programs, or proxy servers, and then run Windows update again.

If you turned off your firewall, antivirus, or other security programs, turn them on once the update has been installed. You can restart any other programs you closed, as well."

If that doesn't work, I think you're best option is to run sfc /scannow from an elevated command prompt -- in other words, with admin privileges. The .NET framework, versions 4.0 and 4.5, doesn't want to install properly, and that suggests there are issues with a system file or files in the operating system itself.

#14 Calvinder

Calvinder
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 114 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:15 PM

That was one of the things I tried before starting this thread. Sorry I should have mentioned that.

I did a Scan now and it  found nothing.  

#15 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,200 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

Then you may have to roll back to an earlier version of .NET framework, like 3.5, or see if there are updates for your version of Catalyst Control Center and start up delayer. It may be the versions you have aren't compatible with newer .NET installations.

You could always uninstall the delayer and CCC, but I'm assuming you don't want to do that. You can safely remove both, but in the case of CCC you won't be able to adjust your video card settings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users